Defence lawyers in the trial of a 16-year-old girl accused of running a prostitution ring in Ottawa chose not to present any evidence or call any witnesses.
The teen faces 33 charges including human trafficking and sexual assault.
Two other teen girls who were charged at the same time in connection to the alleged ring reversed their not guilty pleas late last month.
Closing arguments in the case will be heard Oct. 28.
On Friday, the lead investigator in the case against the teens, Det. Kelly Lyle, said she was not surprised by the defence's decision.
"All the victims were traumatized by the situation. They were extremely, extremely brave and they were compelling and it was clear they were naive victims and they are all traumatized and affected in their own way," she said.
Lyle also said there was no evidence to suggest the girls were being led by another party, such as an older man or woman.