This week on D is for Dinner the general manager for the East India Company, Anish Mehra, shares his recipe for mixed vegetable korma.
D is for Dinner is a weekly food segment on CBC Ottawa's afternoon radio program All in A Day with host Alan Neal. On Wednesday, Neal broadcast the entire program from pay phones throughout the city, and he made a special delivery order from the East India Company.
Mehra joined Neal to discuss his favourite Indian meals, including his recipe for mixed vegetable korma.
Mixed vegetable korma
Serves 4-6 people
- 200 grams diced carrots.
- 200 grams cut green beans.
- 200 grams diced cauliflower.
- 200 grams diced paneer.
- 200 grams peas.
- 200 grams corn.
- 200 grams boiled and diced potatoes.
- 1 tsp oil.
- 100 ml yogurt.
- 25 ml cream.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tsp fenugreek.
- Heat the oil in a flat bottom pan.
- Once hot, add all the diced vegetables, the fenugreek and the salt. Sautée for four to five minutes.
- Add the yogurt and cream, adding more to ensure a smooth consistency and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Check for seasoning and serve with your choice of naan bread or basmati rice