High levels of carbon monoxide forced 80 people out of a west Ottawa residence for Inuit people receiving medical services for nearly three hours on Wednesday evening, according to the Ottawa Fire Service.

The manager of the Larga Baffin residence at 2716 Richmond Rd. called fire crews shortly before 5 p.m. when carbon monoxide detectors went off throughout the building, fire officials said.

No injuries were reported.

Crews measured carbon monoxide levels of 75 ppm on the lower level of the building, which is considered dangerously high, said officials.

The levels were that high because a company left a vehicle running while cleaning the garage floor and also had a propane-fired hot water cleaner running in the building all day, fire officials said.

The residence is a home to "Inuit travelling from the Baffin region of Nunavut for medical services," according to its website.

The residents were housed in OC Transpo buses until the levels were declared safe just before 8 p.m.

Larga Baffin carbon monoxide OC Transpo

OC Transpo buses parked outside the residence offered temporary shelter during a carbon monoxide scare on Wednesday evening. (CBC)