Before and after Gatineau's 2017 spring flood
Homes heavily damaged, some completely removed
CBC News Posted: Nov 22, 2017 5:00 AM ET Last Updated: Nov 22, 2017 5:00 AM ET
Below you will find four before-and-after sequences that show the impact of flooding in spring 2017 in Gatineau, Que.
The homes at 45 and 47 rue Saint-François Xavier were heavily damaged. The buildings have since been torn down and there are now two empty lots.
Another home used to stand here at 1380 rue Saint-Louis, which sits near the Gatineau River. It was also heavily damaged and torn down.
This home at 28 rue Moreau in Gatineau also sustained significant damage and now sits boarded up.
There has been a lot of work at 1383 rue Saint-Louis after the floods caused heavy damage.
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Support pours in after former MP Paul Dewar diagnosed with brain tumour
- Firefighters contain blaze at marijuana dispensary building
- 2 seriously hurt in Highway 50 crash
- 5 years on, Ontario's plan to get more Indigenous people on juries a work in progress
- Transportation agency orders city to restore rail line
- City staff recommend developer's proposal for former Bayview School
- Free things to do in Ottawa this Family Day
- Decision in Gee-Gees sexual assault trial set for June
- 'Black Panther Challenge' reaches Ottawa children's groups
- Health-care system failed Ottawa man, judge says