Before and after Gatineau's 2017 spring flood
Homes heavily damaged, some completely removed
CBC News Posted: Nov 22, 2017 5:00 AM ET Last Updated: Nov 22, 2017 5:00 AM ET
Below you will find four before-and-after sequences that show the impact of flooding in spring 2017 in Gatineau, Que.
The homes at 45 and 47 rue Saint-François Xavier were heavily damaged. The buildings have since been torn down and there are now two empty lots.
Another home used to stand here at 1380 rue Saint-Louis, which sits near the Gatineau River. It was also heavily damaged and torn down.
This home at 28 rue Moreau in Gatineau also sustained significant damage and now sits boarded up.
There has been a lot of work at 1383 rue Saint-Louis after the floods caused heavy damage.
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Victim terrified 'intimate' videos would be shared on social media
- Principals sounded alarm over defibrillators after boy's death
- Dutch doc tackles 'haunting' Russell Williams interrogation
- Ottawa man makes Santa chair out of hockey sticks for Sens outdoor game
- Firefighters 'quack' through river ice to free frozen duck
- Province has no plans to make winter tires mandatory: transportation minister
- Man killed in highrise fire on Heatherington Road
- Bundle up for a cold Wednesday
- Carleton's therapy dog gives paws to stressed students
- Cards stacked against council gang pushing levy