2 men fighting for their lives after 2 overnight stabbings

Ottawa police are investigating after two men were found stabbed in separate incidents outside a pair of bars overnight - the Carleton Tavern and in the ByWard Market.

Paramedics, police responded to stabbings outside Carleton Tavern, in ByWard Market

Ottawa police and paramedics responded to the intersection of York and Dalhousie streets in the ByWard Market during the night of Aug. 28, 2014. One man was found with stab wounds. (CBC)

Two men are fighting for their lives and a third man is recovering from serious injuries after a pair of stabbings outside different Ottawa bars in the Hintonburg and ByWard Market areas overnight.

Paramedics said they responded to the Carleton Tavern at 223 Armstrong St. just before 10:30 p.m., at the corner of Parkdale Avenue in Hintonburg.

Paramedics say a man in his 50s was stabbed at The Carleton tavern in Hintonburg during the night of Aug. 28, 2014. (CBC)
Police said there was a report of four men fighting outside the bar. 

Paramedics treated a man for life-threatening stab wounds to the stomach. They had said he was 64, but later corrected saying he was 56.

The victim was taken to hospital in critical condition.

No information has been released on potential suspects or charges.

2 men injured outside ByWard Market bar

Paramedics also said they responded to the ByWard Market for a call from 95 York St., which is The Cabin bar. Police tape was also seen around Pub 101, which is across the street.

Police said they were patrolling outside several bars around 2 a.m. when a man came to them with stab wounds.

Paramedics treated a 24-year-old man who was taken to hospital with life-threatening stab wounds to the left side of his stomach. Police said he was in stable condition in an update Friday afternoon.

Paramedics also treated a 23-year-old man in the ByWard Market for "multiple traumatic injuries." He was taken to hospital in serious condition. Police were seen arresting one man.

On Friday afternoon, Ottawa police confirmed they'd arrested a 22-year-old Ottawa man shortly after the incident.

He is facing aggravated assault, assault with a weapon and possession of a dangerous weapon charges and is scheduled to appear in court in Ottawa on Saturday.