Ontario leaders' debate set for Sept. 27
Posted: Sep 2, 2011 12:05 PM ET
Last Updated: Sep 2, 2011 12:10 PM ET
Leaders of Ontario’s main political parties will square off in a televised debate set for the evening of Tuesday, Sept. 27.
The campaign’s only scheduled debate ahead of the Oct. 6 election will be broadcast on CBC, CTV, Global, TVO and Sun News Network.
The debate is set for 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. The venue, format and moderator have yet to be decided.
Participating in the debate will be Premier Dalton McGuinty of the Liberals, Tim Hudak of the Progressive Conservative Party and Andrea Horwath of the Ontario New Democrats.
Ontario Election Results
Updated: Oct. 7, 2011, 8:56 AM EDT
|Party||Elected||Leading||Total||Vote Share (%)|
All results are unofficial until final ballot counts are verified by Elections Ontario. CBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Latest Ontario Votes 2011 Headlines
- Ontario election polling practices questioned
- Ipsos Reid vice-president John Wright railed Friday at the conduct of some polling firms during the Ontario provincial election. more »
- Ontario's re-elected premier touts 'major minority'
- Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty is ruling out making deals with other parties, and says he is proud of the 'major minority' his party garnered on Thursday night. more »
- Hudak turned to Wayne Newton's bus
- A secret kept under wraps by the Ontario Progressive Conservative campaign has finally been revealed — it concerns Tim Hudak's bus, a Vegas crooner and a stripper pole. more »
- Rob Ford denies his governance hurt Ontario PCs
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is brushing off suggestions his aggressive moves to slash spending may have cost the Ontario Progressive Conservatives the provincial election. more »