YOUR VIEW | Halifax mourns the death of Raymond Taavel
CBC News Posted: Apr 17, 2012 4:00 PM AT Last Updated: Apr 17, 2012 3:59 PM AT
Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
Do you see what I see? A Cape Breton artist hopes not. Graphic designer and artist Weldon Bona explains his new exhibit - "Pareidolia" - where he wants you to see what you want in his collection of ten large pen and ink drawings.
The Doctors' Nova Scotia Annual Youth Run, set for June 04th in Sydney, has students at various schools running during their recess. Reporter Norma Jean MacPhee met some students and teachers from St. Agnes Elementary in New Waterford.
A provincial Supreme Court Judge has requested a cultural assessment in the sentencing of Kale Leonard Gabriel, to see whether his experience as an African Nova Scotian played a role in the crime. Robert Wright is a registered social worker in Halifax.
A New York Times article this week pointed to some gaps in the research around the science of breakfast. Kate Comeau is a dietitian in Halifax and spokesperson for the Dietitians of Canada.
Top News Headlines
- 'It is our right to know who we are': Woman reunites with biological mother after 26-year search
- Scouts Canada apologizes for suing parents of alleged sexual abuse victim who killed himself
- Poloz the Oracle sees hints of good fortune coming amid economic woe: Don Pittis
- Oil price touches $50 for first time since October
- Assisted death guidelines in place in all Canadian provinces
- Syrian refugee desperate to find niece after family dies in boat disaster
- Eastern Passage school review recommends grade reorganization
- Gaspereau begin comeback after $4M fish ladder installed
- Lyle Howe's disciplinary hearing continues in Halifax
- Nova Scotia drivers ignoring flashing school bus lights a growing problem: official
- Nova Scotia Teachers Union vote for president going to 2nd ballot
- Nova Scotia couple falls victim to thieves after Fort Mac wildfire
- Lyle Howe accuses judge of bias at his disciplinary hearing in Halifax
- John Tillmann's alleged threats against ex-wife prevent his full parole