An elderly woman fled a house fire near Lunenburg, N.S., this weekend after her dryer apparently ignited. 

The woman, 75, lives in Grimms Settlement. At about 6:45 p.m. on Saturday, her house at 790 Grimm Road caught fire, according to the Canadian Red Cross. 

She escaped unhurt, but her home and belongings were destroyed. 

"Disaster volunteers with the Canadian Red Cross took her to Bridgewater and covered emergency purchases, including clothes, food and personal care needs," said Dan Bedell of the Red Cross. 

Bedell said the fire chief suspects a clothes dryer started the fire.