Witness takes stand in C.B. sexual assault case
Man accused of 3 counts of sexually assaulting a boy under 14
The alleged victim in a sexual assault case took the stand in Cape Breton, N.S. Monday to detail how he was sexually assaulted as a boy between 1990 and 1996.
Joseph Melvin MacNeil, 45, from Dominion is accused of sexually assaulting a minor and threatening to kill his family if the boy reported it.
The 31-year-old complainant took the stand on Monday. He said he was abused frequently, starting when he was between nine and 10-years-old, and stopped when he was 15.
He said he was abused either in his basement, garage, or MacNeil's home.
The witness told the court when he was 13 or 14 he told MacNeil that what he was doing was wrong, but MacNeil threatened to tell his friends what they had been doing.
The complainant said he didn't report the alleged crime at the time because he believed MacNeil would follow through on his threats to kill the boy's family.
Outside of these incidents, the witness said he and MacNeil appeared to get along well.
The witness told the court he was worried MacNeil would hurt others.