Whitney Pier, Cape Breton fire injuries 2

A fire that forced 11 people from their apartments in Whitney Pier, Cape Breton Saturday evening has been deemed accidental.

Police say woman was defrosting meat in a frying pan when fire started on Henry Street

One person was treated for smoke inhalation at hospital, another for minor burns in Henry Street fire. (Joan Weeks/CBC)

A fire that forced 11 people from their apartments in Whitney Pier, Cape Breton Saturday evening has been deemed accidental.    

Cape Breton Regional Police say a 29-year-old woman was trying to defrost meat in a frying pan when the fire started in a six-unit apartment building on the 200-block of Henry Street around 7 p.m.  

One person was treated for smoke inhalation at hospital, another for minor burns.

The Canadian Red Cross is assisting with emergency shelter, clothing and food.