The CBC's Michael Dick tells CBC Nova Scotia viewers what to expect for the big storm cleanup.
What to expect on this stormy Sunday
CBC News Posted: Feb 10, 2013 9:32 AM AT Last Updated: Feb 10, 2013 9:31 AM AT
Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
Two hikers get stranded 250 feet down a treacherous rock cliff. Jeff Skaling, deputy chief of the Canning Volunteer Fire Department, tells us about the rescue at Cape Split. The family cottage can pull you together, or tear you apart. Lawyer Jessica Lyl
Students and staff at Sherwood Park Education Center in Sydney raised money for a new Linear Accelerator for the Cape Breton Cancer Center. As a result of their efforts they were presented with the Lieutenant Governor’s Respectful Citizenship Award.
The Cape Breton Cancer Centre has turned to the arts - including creative writing and film - to help us better understand what it's like to live with an illness and sufferers cope. We meet 3 people involved in this intriguing exhibit.
Cape Breton needs an injection of full-time GPs, STAT! Reporter Joan Weeks looks into our Island's doctor-to-patient ration, and the on-going need to attract more physicians, since many doctors are considering retirement soon.
Top News Headlines
- Fossil fuel decline could be 'faster than expected,' government think-tank warns
- 'I went through horrible pain': Air Canada passenger says lack of legroom nearly killed him
- First Nation teens find jobs, adrenaline-pumping fun on Yukon mountain bike trail
- Worried about Trump? Test drive Canada: Don Pittis
- Plenty of Fish hookup leads to charges for 2 in Dartmouth
- Premier Stephen McNeil doesn't rule out a fall Nova Scotia election
- Kijiji ad searches for Cape Breton wedding date in June
- Could Bay of Fundy tides generate enough power for all of Atlantic Canada?
- Cape Breton doctor says Sydney needs medical licences
- Highway 104 reopens after tractor trailer flips
- Lyle Howe disciplinary hearing continues before barristers' society
- Sydney prostitution sting challenged in court today
- Police seize 2 kilograms of cocaine at Marine Atlantic
- Stranded hikers rescued at Cape Split