Nova Scotia is bracing for a spring storm that could dump more than 30 centimetres snow, bring wind gusts of more than 100 kilometres per hour and storm surges that could damage docks and coastal properties.
Point of View
What do we call this spring storm?
CBC News Posted: Mar 25, 2014 2:44 PM AT Last Updated: Mar 25, 2014 2:44 PM AT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Some prospective private college students get sobering job information
- How to roll up the rim without buying coffee
- 'Sobeys bag' and 'scribbler' are uniquely Maritime terms, says new dictionary
- 'Crippling' storm could be headed to the Maritimes
- Cellphones can provide lifeline to homeless people
- Too rude for the road — government yanks man's last name from licence plate
- Freezing rain warning tonight for southwest Nova Scotia
- Critics say decision to pull Grabher licence plate is 'silly'
- Hard-to-heal wounds heal faster thanks to made-in-Cape Breton software
- Hockey team hopes Halifax council will save Bedford's Lebrun arena