Nova Scotia is bracing for a spring storm that could dump more than 30 centimetres snow, bring wind gusts of more than 100 kilometres per hour and storm surges that could damage docks and coastal properties.
Point of View
What do we call this spring storm?
CBC News Posted: Mar 25, 2014 2:44 PM AT Last Updated: Mar 25, 2014 2:44 PM AT
Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Accused killer Mark Smich's ex-girlfriend saw animal incinerator in use
- 'Canada does not engage in death squads,' while allies actively hunt down their own foreign fighters
- Calgary mother gets 3 years in prison for son's strep death
- Wynne's Liberals fail in 2nd bid to get quick end to Ontario college strike
- North Sydney Walmart hit by smoke bomb suffers damage 'in the millions'
- A taste of the past: Chefs recreate 200 years of Nova Scotian recipes
- Business group looks to score CFL franchise for Halifax
- 18-year-old driver charged after woman badly injured in crosswalk
- Bring out the bird feeders: deadly parasite outbreak likely over
- Nova Scotia could become an island if centuries-old dikes aren't upgraded, mayor warns
- Only in Nova Scotia: Watch a 24-hour live stream of spinning donair meat
- Sailboat captain pleads guilty to 2 cocaine-related charges
- Parents call for solutions to overcrowding at Bedford elementary school
- 'A savings to ratepayers': EfficiencyOne wins battle for customer data