There will be street closures and traffic restrictions in downtown Halifax at various times during the Royal Tour by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.
The following measures, including restrictions on both bridges, will be in place from Sunday, June 27 to Wednesday, June 30.
June 27, noon to June 30, noon:
- Bishop Street, restricted to residents only.
- Barrington Street, sidewalk closed from Bishop Street to St. Matthew's Church, 1479 Barrington Street.
- Hollis Street, sidewalk closed from Corps of Commissioners building, 1472 Hollis Street to Bishop Street.
June 28, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.:
- Sackville Street, closed to vehicle traffic from Brunswick Street to Bell Road, sidewalk closed from south side of Brunswick Street to South Park Street.
June 28, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Bell Road closed to vehicle traffic from South Park Street to Summer Street; sidewalk closed on Garrison Grounds side from South Park Street to Ahern Avenue.
June 29, 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.:
- Lower Water Street closed to vehicle traffic from Salter Street to Prince Street; sidewalk closed harbourside from Salter Street to Prince Street.
Motorists and pedestrians can also expect temporary closures on the MacKay and Macdonald bridges, on June 29 and occasional traffic restrictions on the bridges from June 28 to June 30. Motorists should expect traffic delays for motorcades.