Good Samaritan helps save 3 people from Sydney fire
Posted: Mar 1, 2013 8:42 AM AT
Last Updated: Mar 1, 2013 10:30 AM AT
Three people are homeless, but unscathed after a house fire in Sydney, N.S. Friday morning.
The fire department says someone passing by spotted the fire and alerted the three residents.
"We were called to the structure at 228 Victoria Road at 6:33 this morning. The call indicated there were occupants still trapped inside. Residents were safely extricated. We're just investigating the scene right now, cause of the fire is undetermined at this point," said Platoon Chief Paul Ferguson.
The two men and one woman were treated by paramedics at the scene.
One firefighter was hurt after falling on some ice. The extent of his injury is not known.
Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
- Cape Breton fishermen pray as lobster season begins
- Nova Scotia lobster fishermen and their families gathered on their boats in Main-a-Dieu on Sunday for the annual Blessing of the Fleet ceremony. more »
- N.S. tobacconist won’t appeal charter challenge ruling
- A tobacco store owner in Kentville will not appeal a court decision forcing him to hide its products. more »
- Man, 80, dies on fishing outing near Bridgewater
- An 80-year-old Nova Scotia man has died after he fell into the water on Wentzell's Lake near Bridgwater, say police. more »
- Man charged after throwing a bucket at an RCMP officer
- A 61-year-old man is facing charges of assaulting Halifax RCMP officers after an incident in the North Preston area Saturday night. more »
Top News Headlines
- Search continues for 2 missing New Brunswick fishermen
- A search effort has resumed for two missing fishermen off the coast of New Brunswick, after a distress call was issued from their boat early Saturday. more »
- Jeep driver apologizes after stunt kills Edmonton woman
- A man claiming to be the driver of a Jeep that struck and killed a spectator at a charity event in Edmonton says he is sorry for what happened. more »
- Senior Pakistani politician shot dead
- Voting in Karachi goes ahead a day after gunmen killed a senior member of Imran Khan's Movement for Justice (PTI) party outside her home in Karachi. more »
- Virginia parade crash driver likely had medical problem
- Authorities believe the driver who plowed into dozens of hikers marching in a Virginia mountain town parade suffered from a medical condition and did not cause the crash intentionally, an emergency official said Sunday. more »
- Worker falls in ocean in Digby accident
- Blue Nose Youth Run draws thousands
- Roundup of Bluenose Marathon street closures
- Sydney `hackathon` challenges techies
- Sailor fighting cancer says AWOL charges dropped
- Luck changes for $3.2M lottery winners from Cape Breton
- UFO sightings in Canada in 2012 doubled previous record
- Rescue attempt over for New Brunswick fishermen
- Sailor with cancer charged for being AWOL over sick day