2 men taken to hospital for minor injuries after stabbing
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 2:08 PM AT
Last Updated: Sep 15, 2012 7:37 PM AT
Police in Halifax say two men were taken to hospital Saturday morning with non-life-threatening injuries.
According to police, officers were called to Main Street in Dartmouth at about 2:45 a.m. They said the alleged victim, a 23-year-old man, was with friends behind a building when he became involved in a dispute with a man not known to him.
Police said the arguing escalated into a fight and the suspect stabbed the man in the arm before taking off towards the Lakecrest Drive area.
Investigators said the suspect is a heavy-set white man, about 35 to 45-years-old, around five-foot-nine and has a beard.
A few hours after the incident, just before 11 a.m., police were contacted by a 38-year-old man described by them as somehow involved in the incident. Police said that man had suffered injuries, none of them life-threatening, and was transported to hospital.
Police did not elaborate on the second man's connection to the stabbing incident.
They said their investigation was ongoing and no charges had been laid.With files from the Canadian Press
Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
- Atlantic hurricane season forecast to be busy
- The U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is predicting is busier than average Atlantic hurricane season with up to 20 named storms, including as many as six major hurricanes. more »
- Halifax Mooseheads mania in Saskatoon
- The CBC's Michael Dick is in Saskatoon, where the Halifax Mooseheads have clinched a berth in Sunday night's Memorial Cup final. more »
- Man charged with drunk driving 2 days in a row
- A 62-year-old Lower Sackville man has been charged two days in a row with driving drunk, say RCMP. more »
- Cape Breton harness racing cancelled over virus fears
- Harness race cards at Northside Downs and Inverness Raceway in Cape Breton have been cancelled this weekend as a precaution against the spread of a potential virus. more »
Top News Headlines
- 2nd suspect in Tim Bosma murder case to plead not guilty
- The lawyer for Mark Smich says the Oakville, Ont., resident will plead not guilty to first-degree murder in the death of Tim Bosma, the Hamilton man who disappeared earlier this month after taking two men on a test drive of his truck. Smich was charged today, after Dellen Millard of Toronto was also charged with first-degree murder. more »
- 2 more arrests linked to hacking death of British soldier
- WARNING: This story contains graphic content. Two more people have been arrested by officers investigating the hacking death of a U.K. soldier in London, say British police. more »
- Neil Macdonald: Harper no Obama when it comes to dealing with scandals
- Beset by three so-called scandals at the moment, Barack Obama has been meeting his accusers and the press head on, Neil Macdonald writes. The same cannot be said for how Stephen Harper operates. more »
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford fires chief of staff
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has parted ways with his chief of staff, the latest development in a tumultuous week at city hall where the pressure is growing for the mayor to comment on crack cocaine allegations raised by two media outlets. more »
- Chained-teen's mom wants man who pleaded guilty 'to suffer'
- Grieving father warns of scam citing N.S. lottery winners
- Electrocution victim remembered by fire chief
- Allegation that students' mouths were taped shut probed by police
- Halifax Mooseheads clinch berth in Memorial Cup final
- Beer, wine should be sold in grocery stores: Tories
- Dog survives fall down deep sinkhole in Sydney Mines
- 'Hitman' scam targets Halifax cellphones
- Children's mouths allegedly taped shut at N.S. school