Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from Halifax
Two hikers get stranded 250 feet down a treacherous rock cliff. Jeff Skaling, deputy chief of the Canning Volunteer Fire Department, tells us about the rescue at Cape Split. The family cottage can pull you together, or tear you apart. Lawyer Jessica Lyl
Students and staff at Sherwood Park Education Center in Sydney raised money for a new Linear Accelerator for the Cape Breton Cancer Center. As a result of their efforts they were presented with the Lieutenant Governor’s Respectful Citizenship Award.
The Cape Breton Cancer Centre has turned to the arts - including creative writing and film - to help us better understand what it's like to live with an illness and sufferers cope. We meet 3 people involved in this intriguing exhibit.
Top News Headlines
- Notley says 'safety and health' top priority as return for some Fort McMurray residents delayed
- Hockey Night in Canada on CBC: Stanley Cup Final - San Jose at Pittsburgh - Game 1
- Parking spot dispute leads to brawl captured on video
- Cincinnati zookeeper: 'We live in the real world, we make real decisions'
- Could Bay of Fundy tides generate enough power for all of Atlantic Canada?
- Woman, 20, charged for allegedly driving at 185 km/h
- Cape Split climbers saved from cliff face by rappelling rescuer
- Plenty of Fish hookup leads to charges for 2 in Dartmouth
- Dartmouth condo owners finally win battle to silence train whistle
- Cape Breton doctor says Sydney needs medical licences
- Nova Scotia weather turns warm and humid Tuesday
- Premier Stephen McNeil doesn't rule out a fall Nova Scotia election
- Dartmouth Lotto 6/49 ticket worth $9.8M
- Kijiji ad searches for Cape Breton wedding date in June