Salmon River fire leaves man temporarily homeless

The Canadian Red Cross is helping a Salmon River man after his mini-home was gutted by fire Friday night.

Red Cross officials say the blaze was reported around 6:30 p.m. on East Prince Street

A fire ripped through a mini-home in Salmon River, N.S., on Friday, gutting the home and leaving one man temporarily homeless.

Canadian Red Cross officials say the blaze was reported around 6:30 p.m. on East Prince Street.

Fire crews say the man was not home at the time.

There were no reported injuries.

Red Cross disaster volunteers assisted at the scene.

The organization says the man is now staying with relatives until his insurance company can do an assessment of the property.

There is no word on how the fire started.