Hundreds of people gathered in Halifax Thursday to mark the 95th anniversary of the Halifax Explosion. The CBC's Michael Dick created this photogallery of the ceremony.
Remembering the Halifax Explosion
CBC News Posted: Dec 06, 2012 5:45 PM AT Last Updated: Dec 06, 2012 5:42 PM AT
Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
When a Cape Breton bride-to-be lost her wedding dress to the Fort McMurray fires, and old friend turned to social media, and Canadians stepped up to find her a brand new dress for her wedding on Saturday. Eastsizing: As the price of housing skyrockets ou
Watch Kayley Dixon, 14, read "A Touch of Sexual Assault," a powerful and troubling poem she wrote about what it's like being a teen girl today. Dixon is involved in one of the groups that received funding from the Nova Scotia government this week to fight sexual violence.
Follow my lead... We find out how the CB Partnership is offering business leaders and employees in Cape Breton a free leadership course to build skills. Mike Kelly teaches the course, and Natasha Hillier took the course last year.
The Breton Ability Centre is holding a conference this month focusing on autism & dementia. Teepa Snow & Andrew McDonnell will be guest speakers.
Top News Headlines
- Classified to donate song proceeds to Fort McMurray fire relief efforts
- Steele Auto Group puts brakes on satire website's post
- North Preston law student says bar unfairly cancelled his party
- Cape Breton man reaches brother working near Fort McMurray
- Cape Breton man can't reach brother working near Fort McMurray
- Police look for details on car in Joseph Douglas Cameron murder case
- Halifax to consider scrubbing city of Edward Cornwallis
- 'CEO scam' latest online fraud, say Nova Scotia RCMP
- Cape Breton bride living in Fort McMurray overwhelmed by dress donations
- Tobacco, hashish, fentanyl patches seized outside Dorchester prison