Maritime Noon Clips
Friday April 21, 2017
Call for action on NB fentanyl crisis, Feedback on language usage, Chimney expert Luke Chaulk takes calls
Thursday April 20, 2017
We hear the story of a Nova Scotian who ended his life under Canada's new assisted dying legislation. A woman in Sydney uses social media to track her stolen truck. Lexicographer Kory Stamper shares how words make it in the dictionary.
Wednesday April 19, 2017
The P.E.I. legislature unanimously passes a motion calling for more support for grandparents raising grandkids. Your thoughts on airlines bumping passengers. We ask: what do you think of an 18-month parental leave? Plus: the Soil Your Undies campaign.
Tuesday April 18, 2017
Family left scrambling to save vacation after 10-year old is bumped from flight, Plumber Fred Walsh takes calls, Easter picture of twins goes viral.
Thursday April 13, 2017
The Chronicle Herald buys up Transcontinental newspapers in Atlantic Canada. Chef Craig Flinn answers your Easter food questions. Your thoughts on lowering speed limits.
Wednesday April 12, 2017
Halifax wants the province to lower the speed limit in residential areas. Your thoughts on marijuana rules. Dawn Kennedy from the Canada Revenue Agency answers your tax questions. We say farewell to genealogist and Maritime Noon regular Terry Punch, who d
Tuesday April 11, 2017
Singer-songwriter Dave Carroll, who wrote the song United Breaks Guitars, reacts to the case of a man being pulled off a United Airlines flight in the U.S. And we ask: What restrictions do you want on legalized marijuana?
Friday April 07, 2017
CBC's Tom Murphy describes what's happening in Vimy ahead of 100 anniversary, Feedback on living frugally, Phone-in on video game addiction, More of your GPS stories
Thursday April 06, 2017
Audio Unnecessary 911 calls, Olympic hockey feedback, Changing O Canada, Phone-in on when GPS goes wrong
Fire chief asks people not to call 911 for cars sliding off road, Olympic hockey feedback, thoughts on changing O Canada, Phone-in on on how GPS works - and stories about when it ends badly
Wednesday April 05, 2017
A moose is no longer on the loose in New Glasgow, N.S. Your thoughts on changing O Canada. on the phone-in: the NHL is out of the Olympics. Plus: your stories about Vimy.
Tuesday April 04, 2017
Conservative N.S. senator Michael MacDonald wants O Canada to stay the same. Maritime Travel refunds a vacation to the Dominican Republic. Your thoughts on travelling outside of Canada. Author Tim Cook talks about why Vimy matters.
Monday April 03, 2017
Halifax man refused boarding on Las Vegas flight because of paperwork problems, Phone-in on how to save for a secure future on a modest income.
Friday March 31, 2017
Audio Property assessments made up by NB officials, Feedback on funeral costs, Marjorie Willison takes gardening calls
Huge increases in NB property assessments caused by officials inventing renovations, Feedback on funeral costs, Gardening expert Marjorie Willison
Thursday March 30, 2017
A family from N.S. warns parents not to sign their kids' passports. Ashes are spilled on an Air Canada flight. Independent funeral planner Ian MacDonald shares advice. Three women speak out about a Facebook gossip group in N.B.
- 'This is a serious issue': Kellie Leitch vows to deport asylum seekers after visit to Manitoba town
- 120 investors likely lost $9M in syndicated mortgages tied to convicted fraudster
- Family of Edmonton toddler found dead outside church mourns 'a special baby'
- Lexin Resources and the dark side of Alberta's downturn
- Hamilton police said crime would flourish if cellphone surveillance records disclosed
- High cost of making calls from Nova Scotia jails is 'predatory,' say advocates
- 'Canada is in the Dark Ages': Investment insiders reveal how lax laws put your financial interests last
- 'How many times can I lose everything?': Insurance claim denied after woman's spouse sets fire to bedroom
- To the bitter end: The broken nation of Zimbabwe awaits the death of a dictator
- 'Everything was hurting so bad': How one Muslim man snuck across the U.S. border into Canada
- Obama wanted to improve U.S. image abroad — what went wrong?
- 'It's not such a secret anymore': Check out Episode 8 of Who Killed Alberta Williams?