Scientists work on 'planetary boundaries' to protect Earth -- from us
Air Date: May 16, 2017 1:00 AM AT
Our oceans guy Boris Worm drops says scientists are trying to define a "safe operating space for humanity" to make sure we don't cause "irreversible and abrupt environmental change."
Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- 'If you have our child, bring him back to us': Search continues for missing Montreal boy
- Cape Town residents wondering when 'Day Zero' will come for their water supply
- Hollywood director Terry Gilliam under fire for comparing #MeToo to 'mob rule'
- Voicemail emerges reporting Miami bridge crack before collapse, 4 victims ID'd
- 22-year-old man who died in workplace fall was 'big-hearted'
- PC Optimum tells customer her privacy may have been violated in switch to new program
- Nova Scotian detained, kicked out of England twice, readies for 3rd trip to Europe
- No right whale calves spotted this season a bad sign for endangered species
- Municipality of Clare buys back pivotal piece of its Acadian history
- N.S. fishermen using more precise U.S. forecasts take concerns to Environment Canada
- Closure of CFB Halifax auto club sparks criticism
- When he saw a stranger needed a kidney, he thought: 'Why not me?'
- Halifax coffee shop undergoes redesign to discourage laptop loitering
- Community 'devastated' after nor'easter takes down East Hants sports dome