Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Wednesday January 11, 2017
Eskasoni Cultural Journeys has become a "must-do" for tourists and locals. Tourism coordinator Sandra MacDonald talks about the experience and what new a new funding announcement means to the First Nation community.
Thursday January 05, 2017
The work to rule campaign by teachers has led to the cancellation of in-class workshops by outside musicians and artists. The head of the teachers union says it's unfortunate, but teachers are qualified to do the job.
In the Spotlight
Volunteer group sanctioned by Sony through Ghost Corp., the production company that owns the franchise
- Trump administration will press Canada, Mexico to reopen NAFTA: report
- 'We are relaxed because we are winning again': Russia welcomes an unconventional Trump
- Alt-right leader Richard Spencer says Trump is 'first step' toward identity politics
- Attack in northern Mali kills 50, more than 100 injured, military says
- Kevin O'Leary makes late entry into Conservative leadership race
- Justin Trudeau speaks only French at Sherbrooke town hall, despite English questions
- Conservative leadership hopefuls: Linguistic winners, losers in French debate
- Bank of Canada expected to stand firm on rates ahead of Trump presidency
- 'Secret order' authorizing RCMP's covert Cold War wiretapping program released after 65 years
- 'Doesn't seem right': Funeral home overcharges grieving families for cremation carbon tax
- Black people 3 times more likely to be street checked in Halifax, police say
- B.C. won't cover hepatitis C drug that's possible cure for woman infected with tainted blood
- Why the Dow Jones hitting 20,000 is meaningless
- Andrew Scheer leads endorsement race in Conservative leadership campaign
- Trump may be inaugurating an era of market failure in economics and ideas: Don Pittis
- Trudeau tour: Showing up matters, but ditching talking points would require real political courage
- 'Should we really die differently?': Doctor delivers end-of-life care to Toronto's homeless
- Saskatchewan and federal government reach deal on health care
- McDonald's Canada warns all products may now come in contact with nuts
- Trudeau falls short on commitment to Grassy Narrows mercury problems, chief says
- Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, comedy specials headed to Netflix
- César Awards, France's Oscars, tap Roman Polanski to preside over gala
- 'He's got a big mouth, like me:' Soul singer Sam Moore signs on for Trump inauguration concert
- 'Heyyyyy!' Critch and Chachi bring their Twitter battle to 22 Minutes
- 'It's not such a secret anymore': Check out Episode 8 of Who Killed Alberta Williams?
- CBC goes to the front lines in the battle for Aleppo
- Kept in the dark: The story behind the kidnapping of Canadians John Ridsdel and Robert Hall
- 'We're here to preserve life': Come aboard a ship that saves asylum seekers in the Mediterranean