Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Tuesday January 17, 2017
Its always exciting when Canadian Artist nomination lists are released. The Canadian Screen Awards Nominations proved to be exceptional for people we know in Cape Breton.
Wednesday January 11, 2017
Eskasoni Cultural Journeys has become a "must-do" for tourists and locals. Tourism coordinator Sandra MacDonald talks about the experience and what new a new funding announcement means to the First Nation community.
In the Spotlight
Volunteer group sanctioned by Sony through Ghost Corp., the production company that owns the franchise
- 'I listened to you,' O'Leary tells supporters, kicking off Conservative leadership bid
- Vancouver strata blocks Moby Dick franchise from opening over 'offensive' name, lawsuit alleges
- Bell Canada raising prices on home internet, TV in February
- Kinder Morgan revenue sharing deal could cause provincial feuds, expert says
- Federal security officials approved Winnipeg police efforts to purchase spying devices
- 'Secret order' authorizing RCMP's covert Cold War wiretapping program released after 65 years
- 'Doesn't seem right': Funeral home overcharges grieving families for cremation carbon tax
- Black people 3 times more likely to be street checked in Halifax, police say
- Why the Dow Jones hitting 20,000 is meaningless
- Andrew Scheer leads endorsement race in Conservative leadership campaign
- Trump may be inaugurating an era of market failure in economics and ideas: Don Pittis
- Trudeau tour: Showing up matters, but ditching talking points would require real political courage
- Kevin O'Leary makes late entry into Conservative leadership race
- Criminal cases, public and police safety put at risk by IT failures, RCMP documents say
- Justin Trudeau faces heat over decision to speak French only at town hall
- Ex-army commander Andrew Leslie to play key role in dealing with Trump administration
- Sick kids to get a night out at the movies in the IWK
- 'Should we really die differently?': Doctor delivers end-of-life care to Toronto's homeless
- Sugar acts similarly to alcohol or cocaine in our brains, says neuroscientist
- Federal government fails on First Nations child health delivery, says advocate
- 'It's not such a secret anymore': Check out Episode 8 of Who Killed Alberta Williams?
- CBC goes to the front lines in the battle for Aleppo
- Kept in the dark: The story behind the kidnapping of Canadians John Ridsdel and Robert Hall
- 'We're here to preserve life': Come aboard a ship that saves asylum seekers in the Mediterranean