Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Monday November 06, 2017
Audio Seeking Council - CBRM
Darren Bruckschwaiger represents district 10, which includes part of Glace Bay, Dominion, Gardiner Mines, and part of Reserve Mines. Kendra Coombes represents district 11, which includes New Waterford, Scotchtown, River Ryan, Lingan & New Victoria.
In the Spotlight
- U.S. nuclear commander would propose other options before a strike on North Korea
- Turkey launches probe into U.S. attorneys over alleged fabricated documents
- 'I am so sorry': Lena Dunham walks back defence of Girls writer accused of rape
- 'Unacceptable': Palestinians won't talk to U.S. if PLO office in Washington is closed
- Jazz prof Steve Kirby fired from Berklee College after U of M students share harassment complaints
- Royalties from thousands of song classics tucked away tax-free
- Canadian scalper's multimillion-dollar StubHub scheme exposed in Paradise Papers
- StubHub raid in U.K. targets 'top sellers,' including Canada's known superscalper Julien Lavallée
- U.K. leader firm on Brexit date, as EU seeks 'sufficient progress' within 2 weeks
- Trouble in paradise: Justin Trudeau's rich friends keep making things awkward
- The great jobs debate over whether Canada will have too many or too few: Don Pittis
- Julie Payette dares to be interesting with comments on climate, astrology, and divine intervention
- How do you fit into Canada's multicultural puzzle?
- How does your personal income compare to that of other Canadians?
- 'I just had a weak moment': Disgraced Blue Jays fan Ken Pagan on life after the beer toss
- 'They just simply don't know': The Indigenous innovators challenging Canadians to a difficult conversation