Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Thursday February 16, 2017
Author, Jon Tattrie, talks about his new book. It tells the story of how Bob Marley's famous song was born in Cape Breton.
Monday February 13, 2017
A new volunteer, citizens engagement group, called "Cape Breton Citizens' Voice" has put together a survey to gather feedback from residents about their priorities for this coming budget. They plan to present the results to CBRM council.
In the Spotlight
- Rotting rats, flies: Insurance repair disaster causes 'mega destruction' of dream home
- 'I just want my family': Woman says innocent paperwork error dashes immigration dreams
- Doctor who won't use 'monster' methadone loses right to treat opioid addicts
- 'I can't live like this anymore': B.C. woman requiring home support hasn't had bath in weeks
- Britain's opposition 'in deep trouble' as Conservatives take 1 of 2 byelection seats
- Plenty of budget remedies offered as Liberals prepare prescription for ailing economy: Chris Hall
- Liberal backbenchers, Tory leadership hopefuls among Parliament's biggest dissenters
- 'Feeling squeezed out': Will a move to save Vancouver's housing past compromise its future?
- WHO's 'priority pathogens' list highlights urgent need for new drugs
- Doctors 'should interact with kids and their families about smoking,' Canadian task force says
- Review into Hugh Papik's death calls for cultural training for health care workers
- 'Off-label' antidepressant use lacks evidence, and a link between math skills and your health
- Joseph Boyden says APTN report likening his story to Ojibway healer's 'feels like an attack'
- Game of Thrones giant, actor Neil Fingleton, dies at 36
- Oscar envelopes explained: How do presenters get the winning names?
- Making music video with teens in Indigenous communities helps plant 'seed of confidence'