Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Tuesday May 09, 2017
A Cape Breton actor said he's grateful for his part in the box office hit Maudie. Billy MacLellan is from East Bay, Cape Breton. In Maudie he plays the character Frank -- a fisherman and friend to Everett Lewis, Maud Lewis' husband.
In the Spotlight
- 'She should have been safe': Family searching for answers after woman dies in Windsor, Ont. jail
- Uncertain outlook keeps Bank of Canada firmly on sidelines for now
- 'Bittersweet' day for ex-RCMP women as sex-harassment lawsuit nears end
- Crown, defence issue closing arguments in sex assault trial of former ski coach Bertrand Charest
- Ukraine seeks to avoid being a bargaining chip between Washington and Moscow
- How the Conservative leadership vote could be won, ballot by ballot
- NAFTA talks kick off: Early signs raise little alarm, but strategy still in 'pre-game state'
- Opioid conflict-of-interest controversy reveals extent of big pharma's ties to doctors
- Report on failed European Mars lander concludes brief, unexpected spin to blame
- 'They all have plastic inside them': Film shows pollution's impact on Pacific albatrosses
- Zika virus hit earlier than thought in Brazil, Florida, genome tests reveal
- Google's AI wins Go match in China, but blocks online broadcast
- Remix Canada's latest census results to see how you fit in
- How one woman's death illustrates the brutality of Philippines drug war
- To the bitter end: The broken nation of Zimbabwe awaits the death of a dictator
- 'Everything was hurting so bad': How one Muslim man snuck across the U.S. border into Canada
- Renowned choir to sing Tlicho lyrics written and translated by N.W.T.'s own
- 'We want people to see who we are': Mi'kmaq Confederacy of P.E.I. opens doors for awareness week
- Mother 'outraged and upset' after school Aboriginal retention workers eliminated
- Child advocate tells government to listen to at-risk children after heart-rending teen suicide