Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Friday February 09, 2018
Audio Friends of Gabarus
Friends of Gabarus' goal, shared by numerous other regional stakeholders, is to encourage intergovernmental cooperation in order to support the completion of the Fleur de Lis Trail, including the restoration of the essential coastal link between Louisbourg and Gabarus.
Monday February 05, 2018
Audio Seeking Council - CBRM
Clarence Prince represents district 1 of the CBRM, which includes Sydney Mines, Florence, small part of North Sydney, Little Pond, and Alder Point. Eldon MacDonald represents district 5, which includes Sydney from Sydney River to the north end, Shipyard, Membertou, and part of Mira Road.
Wednesday January 31, 2018
The former federal cabinet minister replaces David Wheeler, who was dismissed in late 2016.
Wednesday January 31, 2018
Angelo Spinazzola releases documentary on coping with the aftermath of suicide in memory of his brother.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
In the Spotlight
- Billy Graham, Christian evangelist known as America's Pastor, dead at 99
- Los Angeles sheriff charges student after threats to open fire at school days after Florida massacre
- British bank unveils 'digital human' bank teller to help customers
- Anti-Brexit campaign warns of high price tag for leaving EU
- 'We've got a problem here': B.C. civil liberties group concerned doctor fingerprinted to prove his identity
- Canada's luge medals come from heartbreak, grit and ice time on world's fastest track in Whistler
- Inside a CBC Investigation that exposed a secret men-only Facebook group for RCMP members; Investigating sexual misconduct allegations in the humanitarian aid industry. (The Investigators with Diana Swain)
- Realtor shot in Vancouver's sixth homicide of 2018
- New investors who thought markets only skyrocket learn a useful lesson: Don Pittis
- Gender gap shows high-tech sector still stuck in the past — and it could prove costly
- Despite low unemployment, young people say finding a job is as difficult as ever: Don Pittis
- Oil, water and wine: Escalating Alberta-B.C. feud threatens future of Trans Mountain pipeline
- More Canadians overall smoking pot than in 1985, says StatsCan
- New TPP could hurt NAFTA talks because of impact on U.S.: auto sector
- Federal government hoping to expand take up of working income tax benefit as program grows
- Patrick Brown accused of 'dirty and crooked politics' as Ontario MPP calls for investigation
- 'Maybe they're not together, but we can write a story that they are:' Virtue and Moir inspire fan fiction
- Oprah, Clooneys and Spielberg pledge $500K each to support student gun reform rally
- Vancouver artist's cartoon of Florida school shooting resonates
- Judge says IMDb can show Hollywood actors' ages
- Jury to get instructions today in Raymond Cormier trial before deliberating
- Day 2: MMIWG national inquiry hearings continue in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut
- Childhood abuse led Inuk throat singer to crack addiction, death, MMIWG inquiry hears
- TB death in Quebec's far north spurs public health awareness campaign