Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Tuesday May 09, 2017
A Cape Breton actor said he's grateful for his part in the box office hit Maudie. Billy MacLellan is from East Bay, Cape Breton. In Maudie he plays the character Frank -- a fisherman and friend to Everett Lewis, Maud Lewis' husband.
Wednesday May 03, 2017
Mainstreet was in Eskasoni for the National Arts Centre Orchestra performance.
In the Spotlight
- 'Fear-mongering': Red Deer high school braces for anti-immigrant protest after school fight fuels vitriol
- The story behind an alleged fraud worth millions in Nova Scotia's lobster industry
- Manulife survey finds 72% of homeowners couldn't handle a 10% mortgage rate hike
- The only 'destination' in this Caribbean wedding was the hospital
- Ukraine seeks to avoid being a bargaining chip between Washington and Moscow
- How the Conservative leadership vote could be won, ballot by ballot
- NAFTA talks kick off: Early signs raise little alarm, but strategy still in 'pre-game state'
- Opioid conflict-of-interest controversy reveals extent of big pharma's ties to doctors
- Roger Moore, star of 7 James Bond films, dead at 89
- 'It's a great movie. But it's just a movie:' Zack Snyder steps down from Justice League after daughter's death
- 'Everybody … screamed and started running' — search for loved ones follows Manchester concert blast
- Céline Dion stuns as Drake scores most trophies ever at Billboard Music Awards
- Astronauts conduct spacewalk to perform urgent repairs
- 7.2-million-year-old pre-human fossils challenge modern human evolution theory
- Online 'sextortion' complaints involving teen boys jump by 89% in 2 years: study
- Revenge porn, self-harm videos among challenges Facebook moderators face, say leaked documents
- How one woman's death illustrates the brutality of Philippines drug war
- To the bitter end: The broken nation of Zimbabwe awaits the death of a dictator
- 'Everything was hurting so bad': How one Muslim man snuck across the U.S. border into Canada
- Obama wanted to improve U.S. image abroad — what went wrong?