Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Tuesday April 18, 2017
The exhibit "Shared Stories in Inverness County," at the Inverness County Centre of the Arts, is coming together with the support of many heritage groups and individuals throughout the County. Caroline Cameron was on the show to tell us more.
Wednesday April 12, 2017
In the second segment of our discussion, we spoke to 3 entrepreneurs regarding the question "What resources do you need to succeed in Cape Breton?" This TecSocial is being run in cooperation with Engineers Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Zone.
Thursday April 06, 2017
David Wheeler will be nominated as the new democrat for the electoral district of Halifax Armdale. We spoke with him and NDP party leader Gary Burrill.
In the Spotlight
- 'He's always going to be in our hearts': Memorial grows for toddler found dead in Edmonton
- Senators advance with OT victory over Bruins
- RCMP identify two women found dead in Whitehorse and say they are investigating
- Former Calgary man Farah Mohamed Shirdon 1 of 2 Canadians added to U.S. terrorist list
- High cost of making calls from Nova Scotia jails is 'predatory,' say advocates
- 'Canada is in the Dark Ages': Investment insiders reveal how lax laws put your financial interests last
- 'How many times can I lose everything?': Insurance claim denied after woman's spouse sets fire to bedroom
- 'We were tortured': Recruits starved and humiliated as part of military training
- Despite special regulations, entrepreneurs hope to take bite of Canada's marijuana edibles market
- Real estate reality check: CBC's Marketplace consumer cheat sheet
- Bank of Canada governor 'happy' to see plan for GTA housing market
- 'I'm shaking my head': Hot Toronto housing market driving prices up in small town Ontario
- To the bitter end: The broken nation of Zimbabwe awaits the death of a dictator
- 'Everything was hurting so bad': How one Muslim man snuck across the U.S. border into Canada
- Obama wanted to improve U.S. image abroad — what went wrong?
- 'It's not such a secret anymore': Check out Episode 8 of Who Killed Alberta Williams?