Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A community group in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality has received $10,000 dollars to build an outdoor skating rink.
Cape Breton University is honouring one of its former student athletes by hosting a basketball tournament in October in her name.
The security chief at the Sydney Casino took command when a patron collapsed with a heart attack, performing CPR and applying a defibrillator until the stricken man was loaded into an ambulance.
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
In the Spotlight
The Maritime Bhangra Group posted a video on their Facebook page of their dancers performing at Peggys Cove. They gave Information Morning hosts Don Connolly and Louise Renault a dance lesson.
- A royal playdate, and other highlights from William and Kate's trip to B.C., Yukon
- Provinces with the cheapest cellphone plans and why the rest of us don't get them
- On 20th anniversary, experts say it's time to review Arctic Council mandate
- Pot brownie or plain brownie? What Toronto can learn from Colorado's take on edible weed
- Pot-smoking young men had the most to say to Ottawa about marijuana legalization
- PM's top adviser compares Maryam Monsef criticism to U.S. 'birther' movement
- Shimon Peres remembered as 'man of vision' at Jerusalem funeral
- Dominic LeBlanc under fire for agreeing to attend private event hosted by law, communications firms
- Why Canada recommends nasal-mist flu vaccine for kids against U.S. advice
- Medical marijuana patients growing more pot than they need and selling off the rest
- Canada 'incredibly average' on reducing premature mortality compared with peer countries: report
- Federal health minister's talk of health-care efficiencies called 'trap' by Quebec minister
- Make America White Again: Why Donald Trump plays the race card
- Clinton vs. Trump: Follow the race for the White House with CBC's presidential poll tracker
- Looking for a place to happen: Canadian stories behind Tragically Hip's lyrics
- Battling the Beast: The untold story of the fight to save Fort McMurray
- Canada would not exist without treaties, says Mi'kmaq author
- Ottawa police advisory committee member urges officer's suspension over racist comments
- 'This is the unceded territory of the Haida': royal visit viewed as a meeting of equals
- Not just the face of climate change: Inuit want a say in Canada's climate strategy