Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Tuesday May 09, 2017
A Cape Breton actor said he's grateful for his part in the box office hit Maudie. Billy MacLellan is from East Bay, Cape Breton. In Maudie he plays the character Frank -- a fisherman and friend to Everett Lewis, Maud Lewis' husband.
In the Spotlight
- Online threat against Sophie Grégoire Trudeau leads to arrest of Lethbridge woman
- 'Absolutely tragic': 2 dads, 2 sons die on northern Manitoba canoe trip
- Anti-immigrant protesters accused of 'fear-mongering' at Red Deer school following fight
- Day 2 of B.C. election final count ends with NDP leading by 101 votes in Courtenay-Comox
- Ukraine seeks to avoid being a bargaining chip between Washington and Moscow
- How the Conservative leadership vote could be won, ballot by ballot
- NAFTA talks kick off: Early signs raise little alarm, but strategy still in 'pre-game state'
- Opioid conflict-of-interest controversy reveals extent of big pharma's ties to doctors
- Toronto tech firms seeing more interest from U.S. job seekers — and not just because of Trump
- Some diesel Dodge Ram pickups and Jeep Grand Cherokees cheat emissions tests, U.S. says
- No desk of your own: The office plan of the future?
- 1st Trump budget chops social programs while boosting defence & infrastructure spending
- Will the show go on? Musicians weigh upcoming concerts after Manchester blast
- 'It's a great movie. But it's just a movie:' Zack Snyder steps down from Justice League after daughter's death
- 'You were a magnificent James Bond:' Pierce Brosnan among those paying tribute to the late Roger Moore
- Guelph student union criticised for calling Lou Reed song 'transphobic'
- How one woman's death illustrates the brutality of Philippines drug war
- To the bitter end: The broken nation of Zimbabwe awaits the death of a dictator
- 'Everything was hurting so bad': How one Muslim man snuck across the U.S. border into Canada
- Obama wanted to improve U.S. image abroad — what went wrong?