Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Tuesday October 10, 2017
After a jewelry store in Glace Bay closed, two of its employees saw their lay-off as an opportunity! Jovita Hynes and Camille McMullin opened their own jewelry store so they could stay on the island they love.
Tuesday October 03, 2017
Audio Mi'kmaw Moose Meeting
Mi'kmaw hunters from across the province were invited to take part in a meeting in Orangedale. Holly Conners spoke with Rod Googoo,Chief of Waycobah, and the lead chief for lands, forests and wildlife for the Assembly of Nova Scotia Mi'kmaw Chiefs.
In the Spotlight
- Calgary Flames staffer calls Mayor Naheed Nenshi's re-election worse than Donald Trump
- Wildfire forces evacuation of southwestern Saskatchewan communities
- Conservatives name former Rebel Media director as 2019 campaign chair
- Google sister company makes 'bold bet' with new tech-focused neighbourhood 'Sidewalk Toronto'
- Muskoka mystery: Family linked to disappearance of seniors fights release of police documents
- RCMP says free trial scams are fraudulent, but credit card companies make victims pay
- Poor security blamed after school surveillance images broadcast on Russian site
- Crown stayed assault charge against retired RCMP officer, complainant left in the dark
- A modest proposal for the U.K. as it eyes NAFTA — join Canada instead: Don Pittis
- Trump's shoot-from-the-hip politics could make for bad economics: Don Pittis
- These Canadians are helping the world become replicant ready: Don Pittis
- 'We did it the way we intended to': Morneau weathers tax storm of his own making
- 'I just had a weak moment': Disgraced Blue Jays fan Ken Pagan on life after the beer toss
- 'They just simply don't know': The Indigenous innovators challenging Canadians to a difficult conversation
- When darkness descends, Nunavut teens dance it out
- Remix Canada's latest census results to see how you fit in
- Kingcome, B.C., experiences major flooding after heavy rainfall and high tides
- Guswenta Gathering to showcase Indigenous art, theatre, dance in Toronto
- Residential school survivors can proactively preserve documents: Bennett
- Father of fallen Quebec police officer says son's killer should have never had access to guns