Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Thursday February 16, 2017
Author, Jon Tattrie, talks about his new book. It tells the story of how Bob Marley's famous song was born in Cape Breton.
Monday February 13, 2017
A new volunteer, citizens engagement group, called "Cape Breton Citizens' Voice" has put together a survey to gather feedback from residents about their priorities for this coming budget. They plan to present the results to CBRM council.
In the Spotlight
- 'I just want my family': Woman says innocent paperwork error dashes immigration dreams
- Doctor who won't use 'monster' methadone loses right to treat opioid addicts
- 'I can't live like this anymore': B.C. woman requiring home support hasn't had bath in weeks
- Workers may have been exposed to Ebola, HIV and TB at Winnipeg lab, reports reveal
- Britain's opposition 'in deep trouble' as Conservatives take 1 of 2 byelection seats
- Plenty of budget remedies offered as Liberals prepare prescription for ailing economy: Chris Hall
- Liberal backbenchers, Tory leadership hopefuls among Parliament's biggest dissenters
- 'Feeling squeezed out': Will a move to save Vancouver's housing past compromise its future?
- What's in your chicken sandwich? DNA test shows Subway sandwiches could contain just 50% chicken
- 3D printer lets surgeons hold a child's heart before surgery starts
- Efficacy of new anti-HIV drug could make some less likely to practise safe sex, public health officials warn
- 5 Vancouver Canucks sidelined due to mumps
- 'The barrenlands are not a friendly place,' says N.W.T. trapper after 2 searches in 1 month
- Ottawa's northern representative proposes 'Indigenous protected areas' for Arctic
- OPP investigating death of a man from Mishkeegogamang First Nation
- Doctor of pharmacy incorporates traditional ways of learning into classroom