Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
In the Spotlight
- 'CTE is real': New study finds brain disease in almost all football players tested
- Australia's highest-ranking Catholic in court to face sex charges
- 'Time will tell': Trump sheds little light on future of Jeff Sessions
- Survivor recalls horrific scene inside tractor-trailer in Texas human smuggling case
- Supreme Court to issue landmark rulings on Indigenous relationship with energy sector
- Why Alberta's united right could be less than sum of its parts
- Baby delivered by C-section after attack on mother is homicide victim under Canadian law
- Pacific NorthWest LNG project in Port Edward, B.C., no longer proceeding
- Cultural gem or 'tax grab'? $20M in Annie Leibovitz photos caught in Canadian quandary
- Disgraced dentist-turned-foot doctor loses licence after use of fake medical implants
- Taxpayers to foot bill for Belvedere Orphanage demolition, as tangle of debts snarls property
- Convicted sex offender removed from coaching position in Fredericton
- Branding Canadian oil green would be good for industry and for climate change: Don Pittis
- Despite 2015 defeat, NDP in better spot now than during most of party's past leadership races
- Intellectual property could be key as Canada and U.S. compete for frigate-building bids
- Timing of Sean Spicer's exit allows him to go 'with the least egg on his face'