Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Tuesday January 17, 2017
Its always exciting when Canadian Artist nomination lists are released. The Canadian Screen Awards Nominations proved to be exceptional for people we know in Cape Breton.
Wednesday January 11, 2017
Eskasoni Cultural Journeys has become a "must-do" for tourists and locals. Tourism coordinator Sandra MacDonald talks about the experience and what new a new funding announcement means to the First Nation community.
In the Spotlight
Volunteer group sanctioned by Sony through Ghost Corp., the production company that owns the franchise
- How Tehran sees Trump: Get-rich guru gets another look as antagonistic U.S. president-elect
- Trump administration will press Canada, Mexico to reopen NAFTA
- 'We are relaxed because we are winning again': Russia welcomes an unconventional Trump
- Alt-right leader Richard Spencer says Trump is 'first step' toward identity politics
- Alzheimer's patient allowed to leave secure unit with man once accused of defrauding her
- Conservative leadership hopefuls: Linguistic winners, losers in French debate
- 'I've been through it all': Margaret Trudeau reflects on mental health journey
- Justin Trudeau speaks only French at Sherbrooke town hall, despite English questions
- 'Secret order' authorizing RCMP's covert Cold War wiretapping program released after 65 years
- 'Doesn't seem right': Funeral home overcharges grieving families for cremation carbon tax
- Black people 3 times more likely to be street checked in Halifax, police say
- B.C. won't cover hepatitis C drug that's possible cure for woman infected with tainted blood
- Why the Dow Jones hitting 20,000 is meaningless
- Andrew Scheer leads endorsement race in Conservative leadership campaign
- Trump may be inaugurating an era of market failure in economics and ideas: Don Pittis
- Trudeau tour: Showing up matters, but ditching talking points would require real political courage
- Justin Trudeau faces heat over decision to speak French only at town hall
- Kevin O'Leary makes late entry into Conservative leadership race
- Ex-army commander Andrew Leslie to play key role in dealing with Trump administration
- The linguistic winners and losers of the French language Conservative leadership debate
- 'Should we really die differently?': Doctor delivers end-of-life care to Toronto's homeless
- Federal government fails on First Nations child health delivery, says advocate
- McDonald's Canada warns all products may now come in contact with nuts
- Saskatchewan and federal government reach deal on health care
- 'It's not such a secret anymore': Check out Episode 8 of Who Killed Alberta Williams?
- CBC goes to the front lines in the battle for Aleppo
- Kept in the dark: The story behind the kidnapping of Canadians John Ridsdel and Robert Hall
- 'We're here to preserve life': Come aboard a ship that saves asylum seekers in the Mediterranean