Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Friday February 09, 2018
Audio Friends of Gabarus
Friends of Gabarus' goal, shared by numerous other regional stakeholders, is to encourage intergovernmental cooperation in order to support the completion of the Fleur de Lis Trail, including the restoration of the essential coastal link between Louisbourg and Gabarus.
Monday February 05, 2018
Audio Seeking Council - CBRM
Clarence Prince represents district 1 of the CBRM, which includes Sydney Mines, Florence, small part of North Sydney, Little Pond, and Alder Point. Eldon MacDonald represents district 5, which includes Sydney from Sydney River to the north end, Shipyard, Membertou, and part of Mira Road.
Wednesday January 31, 2018
The former federal cabinet minister replaces David Wheeler, who was dismissed in late 2016.
Wednesday January 31, 2018
Angelo Spinazzola releases documentary on coping with the aftermath of suicide in memory of his brother.
In the Spotlight
- CRA raids locations in Toronto, Calgary and West Vancouver in Panama Papers probe
- Family boycotts inquiry into mistaken cremation over lack of transparency
- Missing money, unlicensed operator among newly revealed funeral industry complaints
- Against the odds: Why customers often lose in battles with banks
- New investors who thought markets only skyrocket learn a useful lesson: Don Pittis
- Gender gap shows high-tech sector still stuck in the past — and it could prove costly
- Despite low unemployment, young people say finding a job is as difficult as ever: Don Pittis
- Oil, water and wine: Escalating Alberta-B.C. feud threatens future of Trans Mountain pipeline
- Liberals to dig deeper, aim higher on gender equality in 2018 federal budget
- Sajjan asks Trudeau to meet Indian politician who accused Canada of Sikh separatist sympathies
- Quebec court to hear appeal of challenge to British royal succession law
- Patrick Brown appeals to grassroots supporters at PC leadership campaign event
- Landline phone scam and luxury car purchases: CBC's Marketplace consumer cheat sheet
- Canadians take more money out of retirement savings to pay for expenses: survey
- Canada won't be 'impulsive' responding to U.S. tax cuts, Morneau says
- Oilsands tech touted for pipeline capacity boost still years from deployment