Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Tuesday October 17, 2017
Daniel Paul changed the way a lot of people thought about Nova Scotia's history with his book We Were Not The Savages. A companion book has been published that describes Mi'kmaq society -- before the arrival of Europeans.
Tuesday October 10, 2017
After a jewelry store in Glace Bay closed, two of its employees saw their lay-off as an opportunity! Jovita Hynes and Camille McMullin opened their own jewelry store so they could stay on the island they love.
Tuesday October 03, 2017
Audio Mi'kmaw Moose Meeting
Mi'kmaw hunters from across the province were invited to take part in a meeting in Orangedale. Holly Conners spoke with Rod Googoo,Chief of Waycobah, and the lead chief for lands, forests and wildlife for the Assembly of Nova Scotia Mi'kmaw Chiefs.
In the Spotlight
- 'It's a tragedy': How the flawed Motherisk hair test helped fracture families across Canada
- Pollution causing more deaths worldwide than war or smoking: Lancet
- Prescription limits driving some patients to street drugs
- 'She was suffering because of my choice': Hundreds of babies born addicted to opioids
- Reports of cellphone trackers near Parliament Hill caused concern at Supreme Court, CRA: documents
- Square-Enix's game lineup heavy on nostalgia, but future lies in casual mobile market
- Soothing touch eases the pain of social rejection, study finds
- Canada's 'super secret spy agency' is releasing a malware-fighting tool to the public
- 'I just had a weak moment': Disgraced Blue Jays fan Ken Pagan on life after the beer toss
- 'They just simply don't know': The Indigenous innovators challenging Canadians to a difficult conversation
- When darkness descends, Nunavut teens dance it out
- Remix Canada's latest census results to see how you fit in