Mainstreet Cape Breton
A lively and informative blend of news designed to put Cape Breton listeners back in touch with their communities at the end of the workday.
A former board member with the Shannon School of Business at Cape Breton University says attitudes toward higher education are hardening in the provincial government.
Ports America, the biggest terminal operator in North America, has inked a deal to work with Sydney Harbour Investment Partners to develop and run Novaporte, the planned marine container facility in the Port of Sydney.audio
Mainstreet Cape Breton clips
Tuesday May 09, 2017
A Cape Breton actor said he's grateful for his part in the box office hit Maudie. Billy MacLellan is from East Bay, Cape Breton. In Maudie he plays the character Frank -- a fisherman and friend to Everett Lewis, Maud Lewis' husband.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
In the Spotlight
- Tougher methane regulations to be phased in between 2020 and 2023 under Canada's climate change plan
- Grace McCarthy, influential B.C. cabinet minister for 3 decades, has died at 89
- 'Tide is turning' for Calgary and Edmonton economies, thousands of new jobs expected: Conference Board
- 2 guilty pleas in crash that killed RCMP Const. Sarah Beckett
- The struggle to put Venezuela back on the path to economic health: Don Pittis
- Ukraine seeks to avoid being a bargaining chip between Washington and Moscow
- How the Conservative leadership vote could be won, ballot by ballot
- NAFTA talks kick off: Early signs raise little alarm, but strategy still in 'pre-game state'
- 'It is a crisis': A father's mission to save drug-addicted teens from dying
- Zika virus hit earlier than thought in Brazil, Florida, genome tests reveal
- 'We can't do it alone': Indigenous maternal health program aims to address inequality of health care
- 'Reassure them': Parents urged to tell kids they're safe after news of Manchester attack
- Remix Canada's latest census results to see how you fit in
- How one woman's death illustrates the brutality of Philippines drug war
- To the bitter end: The broken nation of Zimbabwe awaits the death of a dictator
- 'Everything was hurting so bad': How one Muslim man snuck across the U.S. border into Canada