Mink industry struggling
Posted: Feb 06, 2016 5:24 AM AT
A few years ago the mink industry in Nova Scotia was the province's leading farm export. But that is not the case now. Information Morning speaks with Matt Moses. He is a mink farmer in Kings County.
Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
Denise Crouse chairs the Nova Scotia Pupil Transportation Advisory Committee. Robbie Fillmore is a school bus driver in Lunenburg County.
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from Halifax
A Nova Scotia couple that lost everything in the Fort McMurry fire lost what little they managed to save to thieves who stole their truck. Pamela Williams, is Chief Judge of the Nova Scotia Provincial Court, explains cultural assessment, and whether race
Associate Chief Justice Lawrence O'Neil will join the Judges of the Supreme Court (Family Division) and a number of other Chief Justices for a meeting focusing on the issue of child protection as it relates to First Nations communities in Cape Breton.
Top News Headlines
- Canada expects 'strong' G7 statement against paying hostage ransoms
- 'Learn from defeat': Conservative rookies look to convention as a chance to modernize — and move on
- Provincial property grabs target more than crooks: Neil Macdonald
- Today's economy may be gloomy, but what do the stars portend?: Don Pittis
- Assisted death guidelines in place in all Canadian provinces
- Syrian refugee desperate to find niece after family dies in boat disaster
- Rookie Nova Scotia weightlifter places 4th at nationals, eyes Olympics
- Irving Shipbuilding to hire 20 Aboriginal students through pilot program
- Young Cape Bretoners in training for youth run
- Nova Scotia couple falls victim to thieves after Fort Mac wildfire
- Lyle Howe accuses judge of bias at his disciplinary hearing in Halifax
- Nova Scotia weather mostly cloudy with showers Thursday
- Millbrook First Nation seeks to double Shannon Park footprint
- Loose deer spotted running in traffic in downtown Halifax