Whitney Pier Rink Funding?
Air Date: Oct 18, 2017 1:00 AM AT
Plans to open the Whitney Pier Rink this season are currently on ice as the board anxiously awaits word about relief funding from the CBRM and the provincial government. Reporter Joan Weeks spoke to board member Kim Sheppard and MLA Derek Mombourquette.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- 'Well, there's no limit on it': Ohio student makes a fortune buying Canadian-invented ether cryptocurrency
- After #MeToo, will this year's Golden Globe nominations send a message to Hollywood?
- Roy Moore allegations shed light on fundamentalist Christian practice of marrying off young girls
- Happy Valley-Goose Bay mayor suffers gunshot to the face while out trapping
- Sydney man thanks couple who rescued him after dramatic 1986 crash
- 89-year-old patient dies after ambulance crashes en route to hospital
- Christmas tree that holds its needles longer one step closer to your living room
- Freeze crosswalk flag program, says Halifax council report
- $1M lotto winner says late wife promised she'd make sure he'd win one day
- Historic black community of Lucasville may finally settle boundary dispute
- First Arctic patrol ship clicks into place at Halifax Shipyard
- Long recovery expected for family injured in Dartmouth fire
- Alleged robber sprayed with own bear spray arrested
- Man charged in deaths of Tyler Richards, Naricho Clayton