Information Morning Cape Breton
Information Morning Cape Breton Clips
Friday February 24, 2017
Getting Fit in a First Nation. The national CEO of the YMCA, Peter Dinsdale, was in Cape Breton for the grand opening of the Membertou gym. Peter Dinsdale and Andre Gallant, CEO of the YMCA Cape Breton Family spoke with us.
Friday February 24, 2017
What's the key to creating the best education in First Nations communities? The host of Cross Country Checkup, Duncan McCue, joined me to talk about this Sunday's show in Membertou airing from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday February 23, 2017
Audio Rather Fight Than Eat
A History of Cape Breton Feistiness. A cultural historian, Ed Michalik, gave us a preview of his talk at the Old Sydney Society tonight called, "Rather Fight Than Eat." Ed says if you don't like it, you can always "puck him in the nose."
- Dakota Access pipeline could be operating within weeks
- V for venom: 6 questions about nerve agent used in Kim Jong-nam death
- 'Let them say it to my face': Trump rails against media's use of anonymous sources in CPAC speech
- Drug gangs take back control of slums in financially crippled post-Olympic Rio
- 'I just want my family': Woman says innocent paperwork error dashes immigration dreams
- Doctor who won't use 'monster' methadone loses right to treat opioid addicts
- 'I can't live like this anymore': B.C. woman requiring home support hasn't had bath in weeks
- Workers may have been exposed to Ebola, HIV and TB at Winnipeg lab, reports reveal
- Liberal backbenchers, Tory leadership hopefuls among Parliament's biggest dissenters
- 'Feeling squeezed out': Will a move to save Vancouver's housing past compromise its future?
- Plutocrats with their crony capitalism are taking over again in the U.S.: Don Pittis
- 'I was in shock': Why Canadians are still struggling with runaway cellphone charges
- Trudeau's Privy Council Office budget the highest in a decade
- Justice Robin Camp loses bid to suspend watchdog's deliberations on his fate
- Refugee influx: 5 things to know about illegal border crossings into Canada
- Plenty of budget remedies offered as Liberals prepare prescription for ailing economy: Chris Hall
- Attawapiskat First Nation school to re-open after flood
- The story of how a new era of Indigenous filmmaking began in Canada
- Douglas Treaties translated into indigenous languages of Vancouver Island for first time
- First Nation wants inquest into Yukon woman's death, cites 'systemic racism' in health care