Information Morning Cape Breton
Information Morning Cape Breton Clips
Thursday February 23, 2017
Audio Rather Fight Than Eat
A History of Cape Breton Feistiness. A cultural historian, Ed Michalik, gave us a preview of his talk at the Old Sydney Society tonight called, "Rather Fight Than Eat." Ed says if you don't like it, you can always "puck him in the nose."
Tuesday February 21, 2017
Audio Tolls / Twinning
Seeing Double. You're invited to 3 public meetings in Cape Breton this week regarding future road tolls and twinning in parts of the province. To get more background on this, we contacted Bruce Fitzner, with the Provincial Department of TIR.
- 'I just want my family': Woman says innocent paperwork error dashes immigration dreams
- Doctor who won't use 'monster' methadone loses right to treat opioid addicts
- 'I can't live like this anymore': B.C. woman requiring home support hasn't had bath in weeks
- Workers may have been exposed to Ebola, HIV and TB at Winnipeg lab, reports reveal
- 'Feeling squeezed out': Will a move to save Vancouver's housing past compromise its future?
- Plutocrats with their crony capitalism are taking over again in the U.S.: Don Pittis
- 'I was in shock': Why Canadians are still struggling with runaway cellphone charges
- Anti-Islamophobia debate might define both Liberals and Conservatives
- Trudeau and Trump to talk by phone today at Trudeau's request
- Kevin O'Leary's Conservative leadership rivals struggle to raise profiles
- Parliament's oversight of spending 'totally irrational,' but still not fixed, says Treasury Board president
- Senators rejected Mike Duffy's request to cover some legal fees
- Why life expectancy in Canada, other countries is reaching 'breathtaking' levels
- 'It's a silent disease': Popular heartburn drugs linked to kidney damage
- Ontario teacher who told students they 'could die' from vaccines found guilty of professional misconduct
- Do we still need 3 square meals a day or is all-day breakfast the new normal?