Premier Ingredients is recalling Premier and Konrads.ca brand spices due to a possible risk of salmonella bacteria contamination.
The recall applies to a variety of spices sold in Nova Scotia, Ontario and Quebec with best before dates between March 18, 2016 to Sept. 9, 2016.
All products listed below should either be thrown out or returned to the store that sold them:
- Premier brand Herbs Italian Seasoning in 250-gram, 500-gram, one-kilogram and 2.5-kilogram packages.
- Premier brand Herbs Fine Provençal in 75-gram, 90-gram, 500-gram, 2.5-kilogram and 10-kilogram packages.
- Premier brand oregano in 65-gram, 100-gram, 500-gram and "Oregano Rubbed" in 1.1-kilogram packages.
- Konrads.ca brand Oregano Rubbed in the 2.5-kilogram package with best before dates between March 2016 and August 2016.
- Konrads.ca brand oregano in the 500-gram package with best before dates between March 2016 and August 2016.
- Konrads.ca brand Italian herb in the 500 gram package with best before dates between March 2016 and August 2016.
- Konrads.ca brand Herbs Fine Provençal in the 500-gram package with best before dates between March 2016 and August 2016.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
The CFIA warns that food contaminated with salmonella may not look or smell spoiled and that ingesting the bacteria may cause illness.
Young children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems may suffer serious and sometimes deadly infections.
Healthy adults might experience short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.