Porters Lake bed and breakfast destroyed by fire
Fire crews were called to the A-1 Lakeview Bed & Breakfast Thursday night
A bed and breakfast on West Porters Lake Road was still burning, almost 12 hours after the fire gutted the building.
Smoke was billowing from the wreckage of the A-1 Lakeview Bed & Breakfast on Friday morning. A fire official told CBC's Pam Berman parts of the structure collapsed into the basement, adding fuel to the smoldering remains.
Halifax fire crews said they were called to the scene, east of Dartmouth, around 7 p.m. on Thursday. They said the flames were both inside and outside the building
No one was hurt.
Police closed the road for several hours. West Porters Lake Road reopened around 2 a.m. on Friday
The bed and breakfast was for sale for $699,900.
The cause of the fire hasn't been determined.