Pimping charge for Halifax's Florence Muriel Young
Young, 36, accused of pimping young girls
A Halifax woman faces charges of pimping young girls, police said Monday.
Const. Pierre Bourdages said Florence Muriel Young, 36, was arrested Friday.
Bourdages said she is accused of pimping young girls, online luring, sexual exploitation and a raft of other charges. The charges came after the integrated RCMP/Halifax police vice unit carried out two searches on Friday.
One search was on the 0-100 block of Evans Avenue in Halifax. The second was on the 0-100 block of Valentine Lane in Pockwock.
"In early January, vice investigators commenced an investigation regarding a woman who procured an underage girl for the purpose of prostitution," Bourdages said.
"Officers arrested a woman and seized computer equipment at the Valentine Lane residence."
Young has been charged with a string of offences:
- Procuring for prostitution a person under the age of 18.
- Knowingly concealing a person under the age of 18 in a bawdy house.
- Exercising control over a person under the age of 18.
- Living off the avails of prostitution of a person under the age of 18.
- Counselling a person under the age of 18 to engage in prostitution.
- Householder permitting sexual activity.
- Internet luring for the purposes of prostitution (two charges).
- Sexual exploitation of a young person.
- Breach of recognizance (three charges).
- Breach of probation (two charges).
Young was held in custody this weekend and appeared in Halifax Provincial Court Monday.