CBC meteorologist Peter Coade was honoured with a lifetime achievement award at the RTDNA regional awards on Saturday night.
In October 2012, Peter marked 50 years as a weather forecaster, a Guinness record.
The awards are handed out by the Association of Electronic Journalists.
CBC Atlantic picked up seven other awards. They are:
- Spot News (TV) - CBC New Brunswick for Rexton Shale Gas Protests
- In-depth/Investigative (TV) -CBC News Atlantic Investigative Unit for No Justice in Sheriff Services
- Short feature (TV) - CBC PEI for Jessie's Cookbook
- Digital media - CBC Newfoundland and Labrador for The Travelling Prostitute: Tales of the oldest profession in the new economy
- Long feature (Radio) - CBC New Brunswick for Remembering Christopher Stannix: Every Day is Remembrance Day
- Continuing coverage (Radio) - CBC PEI for Food Insecurity on P.E.I.
- Diversity (Radio) - CBC Cape Breton for The Polish Church