The paramedic accused of sexually assaulting a 71 year-old woman this spring faces a new charge.
This time, 47-year-old James Duncan Keats of Kentville is accused of sexually assaulting a 32-year-old woman.
The woman said she was assaulted en route to the hospital after falling ill in January.
Halifax police said Keats turned himself in on Tuesday night.
"Charges were laid in this file as soon as it became possible...in this case the investigation was lengthy" said Const. Pierre Bourdages.
Bourdages would not say what, specifically, Keats is accused of doing.
Keats is facing charges of sexual assault and breach of trust and was due in Halifax provincial court on Wednesday.
Keats was released from custody after the first incident on June 3. Rawdon RCMP said they received a complaint from the 71-year-old from East Hants who reported she had been sexually assaulted in her home.
Paramedics had been called to the woman's home to provide treatment for a man living in the house. While one paramedic examined the man, police allege a second paramedic escorted the woman to another room where he said he was going to check her vital signs.
The woman told police that's when the sexual assault took place.
RCMP later determined the same paramedic had allegedly sexually assaulted the same woman on Sept. 1, 2012, while she was being transported by ambulance to the hospital for treatment.
Keats has been suspended from his job with Emergency Medical Care while his case is before the courts.