With the August long weekend upon us, here's a list of what's open and what's not across the Halifax region on Monday.
- Atlantic Superstore locations are open 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sobeys locations are open 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Liquor and beer:
- Most NSLC locations open 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., except for the Scotia Square location which is closed and the Mic Mac Mall location, which is only open until 5 p.m.
- Both the Gottingen Street (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and Windmill Road (12 p.m. to 8 p.m.) Propeller Brewery locations are open regular hours.
- Garrison Brewery on Marginal Road is open regular hours (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.).
- North Brewing Company on Agricola will be closed.
- Bishop's Cellar is open regular hours (10 a.m. to 10 p.m.).
- Most Port of Wines are open 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Halifax Shopping Centre is open 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Mic Mac Mall is open 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Park Lane Mall is open 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Scotia Square is closed.
- All banks are closed.
Halifax Public Libraries:
- All branches of the Halifax Public Library will be closed on Natal Day.
- Parking is free at meters on Monday.
- Regular Metro Transit buses will operate on a Sunday holiday schedule.
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection:
- Curbside collection of garbage, organics or recyclables normally scheduled for Natal Day will occur on Saturday, August 2.
- The waste processing and disposal facilities in Otter Lake, the two composting facilities and the municipal recycling plant will be closed.
- All post offices will be closed. There is no collection or delivery of mail on Natal Day.
- Young Street between Gottingen Street and Isleville Street from 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for the Natal Day Pancake Breakfast at Hydrostone Park.
- Crichton Avenue between Dahlia Street and Ochterloney Street from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. for the Natal Day Family Day at Sullivan’s Pond;
- Prince Albert Road between Hawthorne Street and Sinclair Street from 3 p.m. to midnight for the Natal Day fireworks on Banook Lake;
- There will also be closures on a number of streets Monday to accommodate the Natal Day Road Race and the Natal Day Parade through downtown Halifax and Dartmouth.