Natassja Stevens

Natassja Stevens has been missing for two weeks. (Facebook)

Halifax Regional Police are searching for a 15-year-old girl who disappeared almost two weeks ago, though it appears she may have been active on social media since then.

Natassja Stevens was last seen at her home on Cork Street in Halifax on the morning of March 9. The teenager appears to have been posting online since her disappearance.

Last night, a tweet from Stevens' account said, "I'm not missing. I'm fine. Everyone shut the f--k up."

Halifax Regional Police Const. Pierre Bourdages said police want to see her and hear from her to confirm she's safe. Until then, her status will remain as a missing person, he said.

"It wouldn't be the first time that someone else uses someone else's Facebook account or Twitter or what not," said Bourdages.

"We have to determine that she's actually the one posting these pictures, that she's not being coerced or in any kind of danger or under the control of anyone."

Police say there's no evidence Stevens met with foul play but they are worried about her because of her age.

Past Facebook postings tell a troubling story. In November she posted, "I'm falling apart but nobody notices. You'll all miss me when I'm gone."

Another post from the same month said, "I seriously feel like I have no one left. It's the worst feeling in the entire world."

On Facebook, Stevens’ status indicates she is in a relationship with Dylan Edwards, who has been posting pictures of him and her, some just days after she went missing.

Bourdages said if Stevens is safe, she should reach out to police.

“We've seen in the past where these young persons have been abused and taken advantage of by much older adults," he said. 

"When we have these young ladies and sometimes young boys as well go missing, we take it very seriously and we do everything we can to locate them."

Stevens is white, about five feet six inches tall, weighs 108 pounds with blue eyes, blond hair and dental braces. Police believe she may have gone to the Truro area and then possibly to Moncton.

Bourdages said anyone with information should contact police.