Freezing rain across the Maritimes has led to lines down across New Brunswick, in Nova Scotia's Annapolis Valley and the northwestern part of mainland Nova Scotia, in and around Amherst.
Maritime ice storm 2013
Tens of thousands were left in the dark in the Maritimes in the days before Christmas
CBC News Posted: Dec 24, 2013 3:40 PM AT Last Updated: Dec 24, 2013 3:43 PM AT
Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- The only 'destination' in this Caribbean wedding was the hospital
- Kijiji rental turned into 'complete nightmare' for tenants
- Cargo container yields $2M surprise
- Ottawa to announce crackdown on boats abandoned on Canadian coasts
- 10 crucial ridings to watch on Nova Scotia election night
- 'They have piercing, sucking mouths' and could be bound for Nova Scotia
- RCMP feared the 'reaching tentacles' of alleged lobster fraud scheme
- Family shocked by theft of man's wheelchair in Antigonish
- Loretta Saunders murder was 'despicable, horrifying and cowardly'
- Boy who lost father in Highway 103 crash honours him through clothing drive