Labour Day 2014: What's open and closed in Halifax
With the Labour Day long weekend upon us, here's a list of what's open and what's not across the Halifax region on Monday.
- Halifax Seaport Farmers' Market open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Gateway Meat Market (667 Main Street in Dartmouth) is open from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Atlantic Superstore locations are closed.
- Sobeys locations are closed.
- All three Pete's Frootique locations will be closed.
- Costco is closed.
Liquor and beer:
- NSLC locations are closed.
- Propeller Brewery is open at both locations: at Gottingen Street (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and Windmill Road (12 p.m. to 8 p.m.).
- Garrison Brewery on Marginal Road is open regular hours (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.).
- North Brewing Company on Agricola will be closed.
- Bishop's Cellar is open regular hours (10 a.m. to 10 p.m.).
- Port of Wines is closed.
- Halifax Shopping Centre is closed.
- Mic Mac Mall is closed.
- Park Lane Mall is closed.
- Scotia Square is closed.
- All banks are closed.
- Fishermen’s Memorial Hospital Emergency Department will be operating at reduced hours on Monday (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.) Anyone requiring emergency services are advised to call 911 or visit South Shore Regional Hospital in Bridgewater.
Halifax Public Libraries:
- All branches of the Halifax public library will be closed.
- Parking is free at meters on Monday. But be aware: signs restricting the times you can park in a spot still apply.
- Holiday/Sunday service.
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection:
- No collection Monday. Collections scheduled for that day will happen Saturday Aug. 30.
- The waste processing and disposal facilities in Otter Lake, the two composting facilities and the municipal recycling plant will be closed.
- All post offices will be closed. There is no collection or delivery of mail.