HRM is offering $50,000 for public art over the next year, but some people wonder about the value they're getting for their tax dollars.
HRM call for public art submissions controversial
CBC News Posted: Jul 06, 2012 8:42 AM AT Last Updated: Jul 06, 2012 10:28 AM AT
Latest Nova Scotia News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from Halifax
The village of McAdam, New Brunswick, is the centre of an earthquake swarm, with more than 20 since the beginning of February. "Germ Guy" Jason Tetro takes your questions on good and bad microbes. The microbiologist's new book is "The Germ Files: The Su
Since the first of February, there has been more than 23 recorded earthquakes in McAdam. Maritime Noon's Norma Lee MacLeod talks to Frank Carrol,the towns Mayor.
Nova Scotia's Minister of Community Services, Joanne Bernard, responds to concerns and allegations made by NSGEU president Joan Jessome about the Comhla Cruinn Youth Centre in Sydney.
Top News Headlines
- Box fell out of Millard's trailer after being seized by police, Bosma trial hears
- Scientists may have discovered ripples in space time predicted by Einstein's theory of relativity
- Netflix crackdown is for real — and those getting hit are fighting back
- 'Alberta lost its focus,' B.C. government says in throne speech slam
- 'Good Samaritan' neighbour hit with fine for clearing side of road with ATV
- Syrian refugees's apartment was checked for bedbugs, says ISANS
- Jian Ghomeshi trial reveals old ways of Canada's legal system, law prof says
- Nova Scotia boy donates contest money in memory of N.L. teen
- Taxis and parking enforcement officers face off on Spring Garden Road
- Syrian refugee family combats bedbugs in Halifax apartment
- TD Canada Trust adds fee for TFSA transfers to another bank
- Gregory Burden given 4 years in prison for defrauding RBC of $8.5M
- Nova Scotia weather to see light flurries tonight and Thursday
- Nova Scotia's visitor information centres could be eliminated, union fears