A driver hit a parked truck in Halifax Saturday and then fled, police said.
A small vehicle struck a truck on the 2100 block of Gottingen Street at noon, causing extensive damage. Witnesses told police the small vehicle drove off northbound and turned onto Cunard Street.
About 10 minutes later, police stopped a driver at the Cunard and Creighton streets intersection. The 30-year-old driver was arrested.
He faces charges of failing to remain at the scene of an accident and two counts of breaching a recognizance. He'll also face charges of:
- Driving while his licence was revoked
- Operating an unregistered vehicle
- Operating an uninsured vehicle
- Driving to the left of the centre line
- Failing to operate a vehicle in a careful and prudent manner
The man is still in police custody.