Part of a Home Hardware facility in Stewiacke, N.S., burned to the ground late Sunday.

A shed next to the Colchester County Home Hardware warehouse caught fire at about 8 p.m. The shed owner worked at the Home Hardware and called the store's owner to warn her about the small blaze.

But within an hour, high winds blew the fire into the Home Hardware warehouse and burned it down. The homeowner first fought the fire with a garden house, but fire crews soon arrived.

The warehouse was also a custom cabinet shop and so was filled with cabinets and wood. It swiftly ignited.

Three people worked in the shop. The building was insured, but the owners aren't sure when they will be able to re-open the shop. The main Home Hardware building was not affected.

Fire investigators were on the scene Monday morning. No cause has been released.