Lifeguarding season ends this weekend at a number of beaches in Nova Scotia.
As of 6 p.m. on Sunday, there will no longer be lifeguards at:
- Yarmouth County - Port Maitland, Lake Ellenwood
- Argyle County - Glenwood Park
- Digby County - Mavillette
- Cumberland County - Heather Beach
- HRM - Dollar Lake, Clam Harbour
- Lunenburg County - Bayswater
- Antigonish County - Pomquet, Bayfield
- Inverness County - Port Hood, Inverness
- CBRM - Mira Gut
- Victoria County - Ingonish
- Richmond County - Point Michaud
The Nova Scotia Lifeguard Service will continue its supervision at eight other beaches until Sept. 1:
- HRM - Rainbow Haven, Martinique, Queensland
- Lunenburg County - Rissers
- Yarmouth County - Lake Milo
- Pictou County - Melmerby
- Kings County - Aylesford
- CBRM - Dominion
Lifeguards will be at Lawrencetown Beach for the Sept. 6-7 and Sept. 13-14 weekends.
The province says no one has drowned during supervised hours since the lifeguard service started 42 years ago.