Canso Causeway reopens after tractor-trailer crash
Thursday evening crash between 2 tractor-trailers resulted in no injuries, say police
The Canso Causeway to Cape Breton has reopened after it closed for a crash involving two tractor-trailers on Thursday.
The causeway had been restricted to one lane for several hours.
RCMP said the accident occurred on Highway 104 near the link to Cape Breton from mainland Nova Scotia.
The Mounties say there were no injuries.
Police said one of the rigs was empty and the other was not hauling hazardous materials.
The Department of Transportation assisted with moving traffic through the causeway in both directions.