An East Preston man accused of trafficking a 14-year-old girl and sexual assault who was wanted by Halifax police has been arrested.
Halifax police said 20-year-old Owen Ross Gibson-Skeir was arrested by RCMP in Cole Harbour around 6:30 a.m. Saturday. Police issued a warrant for his arrest Friday.
He was being interviewed and police said he will be kept in custody for the weekend.
On Monday, Gibson-Skeir is due to appear in Halifax provincial court to face the following charges:
- procuring a person under the age of 18
- trafficking a person under the age of 18
- sexual assault
- invitation to sexual touching
- sexual interference
- uttering threats
- advertising sexual services
- material benefit from trafficking a person under the age of 18
- material benefit from sexual services
- breach of probation