A judge has denied bail to a 15-year-old boy facing a series of charges from a home invasion in Dartmouth last week.

Police have accused the two teenagers of pushing an 81-year-old man down and threatening him at gunpoint in his home, before driving off in his car.

The two boys appeared in court Monday and both will be held until their next appearance on Aug.16.

The other 15-year-old charged did not apply for bail.

The judge says public safety would be better served if the teen remains in custody at the youth jail in Waterville.

On Friday, police arrested five males after executing search warrants in East Preston, in connection with the home invasion and another robbery in East Preston.

On Saturday police charged the two15-year-old boys with robbery, break and enter, possession of stolen property, firearms-related offences and failing to comply with court orders.

The daughter of the 81-year-old man says her father continues to suffer from the injuries he sustained.