2 accused in drive-by Halifax shooting released
Kirk Michael Wright's mother provides $25,000 surety
Two of the four men accused in connection with a drive-by shooting involving a taxi on Robie Street in Halifax were released under strict conditions Friday.
Kirk Michael Wright, 24, was arrested Tuesday morning. He's been charged with two counts of attempted murder, two counts of assault with a weapon and numerous firearms offences.
Wright was released on strict conditions after an appearance Friday morning at Halifax provincial court. His mother posted a $25,000 surety to secure his release. Wright must live with her and is only allowed out of the house to attend court or go to medical appointments. He also faces a weapons ban.
Wright has also been ordered to stay away from the two alleged victims of the Nov. 3 shooting and the three other men accused in the attack. He's due back in court on Dec. 4.
Kyle Shipley, also 24, was released on a $25,000 surety. Under the judge's strict conditions Shipley must live with his father in Spryfield. He is banned from possessing or using drugs, alcohol, weapons and cellphones.
He must stay away from the other suspects and the alleged victims. He has a curfew from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. unless accompanied by one of his sureties.
Police were called to Robie and McCully streets in the early morning hours of Nov. 3. A taxi driver approached them and said he had been involved in a shooting.
The taxi driver said he was driving a passenger northbound on Robie Street when a silver car pulled up and someone started shooting at the cab. No one was injured.
The passenger fled the cab as soon as the driver pulled over.
A third man, Everett Douglas MacNeil, 24, remains in custody.
The fourth accused, 26-year-old Andrew Jason Hudder, is being sought on a Canada-wide warrant.