Latest North News Headlines
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- Motorcycle-related deaths more common during full moon, study finds
- Canadian doctor says there's evidence the 'man flu' is actually real
- Viral video of emaciated polar bear may not be what it seems, Nunavut bear monitor says
- Uber says 815,000 Canadians affected by data breach as investigation launched
- Arviat faces annual polar bear invasion
- Cash, firearms missing after Dawson City break-in
- Slippery conditions lead to Alaska Highway closure west of Whitehorse
- Arviat polar bear patrols reduce bear deaths, says WWF-Canada
- Lost and found: Yellowknife resident thought fox made off with her boot for good