Latest North News Headlines
CBC's Kate Kyle takes a flight over the wreck of HMS Erebus near Gjoa Haven, Nunavut, with the Inuit guardians program. The unique arrangement has 17 local Inuit working with Parks Canada to watch over the wrecks of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
Rhonda Miller came upon these black wolves on her drive to work along Highway 3 outside Yellowknife.
Take a ride with the CBC on the ice road over the Yukon River from West Dawson to Dawson City.
Top News Headlines
- Accused killer Mark Smich's ex-girlfriend saw animal incinerator in use
- 'Canada does not engage in death squads,' while allies actively hunt down their own foreign fighters
- Calgary mother gets 3 years in prison for son's strep death
- 'Disturbing' child adoption ads removed following criticism from Indigenous people
- 'We have far more pressing issues,' says Inuk who backs Edmonton Eskimos name
- Baffin Fisheries ex-CEO denies fraud accusations; countersues for $20M
- Yellowknife man raising money for treatment he says could save him from going blind
- Paul Quassa will be Nunavut's next premier
- Hundreds of dead geese in Canada's Arctic likely succumbed to harsh conditions