Latest North News Headlines
Earning income from sealskin craft work is nothing new in Nunavut. But a growing number of contemporary seamstresses are taking traditional Inuit design to a new level.
Sebastian Jones of Dawson City had to haul a bunch of gear across the ice-covered Yukon River. He hit upon a novel - and very Canadian - solution.
At a snowmobile race in Fort McPherson, N.W.T., this past weekend, James Arey thought he had clinched the win. But when his machine broke down, he had to pick it up and try to push it across the finish line.
Top News Headlines
- Liberals' pot plan looks for way to detect and deter drug-impaired driving
- Kyle Lowry's big night helps Raptors even series with Cavaliers
- 'The system failed': Protests erupt after Baltimore officer found not guilty in Freddie Gray's death
- Evacuation order lifted for all Fort McMurray oilsands camps
- Nunavut Inuit group shows its members the mining money
- Life of crime: One former inmate's journey through prison and back
- Harvard students shocked by Canada's residential school history, says N.W.T. elder
- Dance Dance Graduation: Inuit class shows off its moves
- Grolar or pizzly? Experts say rare grizzly-polar bear hybrid shot in Nunavut