Latest North News Headlines
Earning income from sealskin craft work is nothing new in Nunavut. But a growing number of contemporary seamstresses are taking traditional Inuit design to a new level.
Sebastian Jones of Dawson City had to haul a bunch of gear across the ice-covered Yukon River. He hit upon a novel - and very Canadian - solution.
At a snowmobile race in Fort McPherson, N.W.T., this past weekend, James Arey thought he had clinched the win. But when his machine broke down, he had to pick it up and try to push it across the finish line.
Top News Headlines
- Air North offers $50 air ticket credit to each Yukoner
- 10 years after Yukon bear mauling, disagreement about whether it was preventable
- Inuk woman from the Kivalliq wins national quilting award
- Cree cook starts recipe page to honour traditional food
- With 3-D printer, Iqaluit students built robots for Nunavut skills contest