Latest North News Headlines
Earning income from sealskin craft work is nothing new in Nunavut. But a growing number of contemporary seamstresses are taking traditional Inuit design to a new level.
Sebastian Jones of Dawson City had to haul a bunch of gear across the ice-covered Yukon River. He hit upon a novel - and very Canadian - solution.
At a snowmobile race in Fort McPherson, N.W.T., this past weekend, James Arey thought he had clinched the win. But when his machine broke down, he had to pick it up and try to push it across the finish line.
Top News Headlines
- Canada expects 'strong' G7 statement against paying hostage ransoms
- 'Learn from defeat': Conservative rookies look to convention as a chance to modernize — and move on
- Provincial property grabs target more than crooks: Neil Macdonald
- Today's economy may be gloomy, but what do the stars portend?: Don Pittis
- Who doesn't have a power bill anymore? This guy
- Grolar or pizzly? Experts say rare grizzly-polar bear hybrid shot in Nunavut
- Iqaluit's 'Waterless Wednesdays' saved more like $62K in 7 months
- Plaques, pucks and trophies: Inside Jordin Tootoo's childhood home
- 2 suspected whooping cough cases in Iqaluit as Pond Inlet outbreak continues