Latest North News Headlines
Darrell Otto breeds about 45,000 Chinook salmon every year, a number he hopes to quadruple in the next few years, using a newly upgraded salmon hatchery.
Earning income from sealskin craft work is nothing new in Nunavut. But a growing number of contemporary seamstresses are taking traditional Inuit design to a new level.
Sebastian Jones of Dawson City had to haul a bunch of gear across the ice-covered Yukon River. He hit upon a novel - and very Canadian - solution.
At a snowmobile race in Fort McPherson, N.W.T., this past weekend, James Arey thought he had clinched the win. But when his machine broke down, he had to pick it up and try to push it across the finish line.
Top News Headlines
- Nunavut teen 'takes a chance', will represent N.S. at national Art Battle
- Yellowknife RCMP seek home invasion suspects
- Chilkoot Trail reopens with restrictions following bear scare
- 'I was in trouble': Beer can and bears save mushroom picker from hungry wolf
- Yukon's SS Klondike gets facelift, but hopefully you can't tell