Latest North News Headlines
Earning income from sealskin craft work is nothing new in Nunavut. But a growing number of contemporary seamstresses are taking traditional Inuit design to a new level.
Sebastian Jones of Dawson City had to haul a bunch of gear across the ice-covered Yukon River. He hit upon a novel - and very Canadian - solution.
At a snowmobile race in Fort McPherson, N.W.T., this past weekend, James Arey thought he had clinched the win. But when his machine broke down, he had to pick it up and try to push it across the finish line.
Top News Headlines
- Whale blubber soap takes off... even Justin Trudeau likes it
- Yukon coroner appeals to public for help to ID Lake Laberge body
- Hey neighbour: Plans for worker camp catch Yellowknife homeowners by surprise
- Rescuers restart man's heart after collapse on Yellowknife squash court
- Elder, 74, dies after snowmobile accident in Arctic Bay