Melting lakes, gorgeous sunrises and ice fog are all part of the gorgeous northern scenery submitted by CBC North listeners/viewers/readers this week.
The North this week, in pictures
CBC News Posted: Jan 29, 2014 9:08 AM CT Last Updated: Jan 29, 2014 9:08 AM CT
Latest North News Headlines
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- DNA technology used to sketch mother of baby found dead in Calgary dumpster
- South Korea busing in seat-fillers to avoid Olympic embarrassment
- 'It's like our Stanley Cup': Canada and U.S. battle for women's hockey gold
- 'We're here to ask for change': Florida shooting survivors in state capital to demand tougher gun laws
- Mother outraged after school sends 'triggering' residential school book home to 3rd graders
- Childhood abuse led Inuk throat singer to crack addiction, death, MMIWG inquiry hears
- Restaurant closures in Iqaluit tea up new café for success
- Inuvik company fined $100K for safety breach after death of 19-year-old Australian
- Yukon government defends $493K rebranding exercise