Melting lakes, gorgeous sunrises and ice fog are all part of the gorgeous northern scenery submitted by CBC North listeners/viewers/readers this week.
The North this week, in pictures
CBC News Posted: Jan 29, 2014 9:08 AM CT Last Updated: Jan 29, 2014 9:08 AM CT
Latest North News Headlines
CBC's Kate Kyle takes a flight over the wreck of HMS Erebus near Gjoa Haven, Nunavut, with the Inuit guardians program. The unique arrangement has 17 local Inuit working with Parks Canada to watch over the wrecks of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
Rhonda Miller came upon these black wolves on her drive to work along Highway 3 outside Yellowknife.
Take a ride with the CBC on the ice road over the Yukon River from West Dawson to Dawson City.
Top News Headlines
- Finding Frida: The search for the girl who was never in rubble of Mexican school
- Help from above: Canadian satellite assists with hurricane recovery, other natural disasters
- Rebranding the pit bull: Family-friendly pet or danger to children?
- Death toll mounts as Hurricane Maria nears Turks and Caicos
- In hiding for nearly 3 months, fugitive David Mikkigak reaches out by sat phone
- Yellowknife woman to husband with Alzheimer's: 'I'll remember for you'
- Whitehorse shooting victim dies, police now investigating as homicide
- N.W.T. Senator Nick Sibbeston resigns
- 'He can make a major impact': Inuvik accidentally gets a local veterinarian