Melting lakes, gorgeous sunrises and ice fog are all part of the gorgeous northern scenery submitted by CBC North listeners/viewers/readers this week.
The North this week, in pictures
CBC News Posted: Jan 29, 2014 9:08 AM CT Last Updated: Jan 29, 2014 9:08 AM CT
Latest North News Headlines
CBC's Kate Kyle takes a flight over the wreck of HMS Erebus near Gjoa Haven, Nunavut, with the Inuit guardians program. The unique arrangement has 17 local Inuit working with Parks Canada to watch over the wrecks of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
Rhonda Miller came upon these black wolves on her drive to work along Highway 3 outside Yellowknife.
Take a ride with the CBC on the ice road over the Yukon River from West Dawson to Dawson City.
Top News Headlines
- 'Enough is enough': Flood of complaints from Bell customers, employees about high-pressure sales tactics
- Missing dog walker Annette Poitras found 'alive and well' in Coquitlam, B.C., after massive search
- Daring defection of North Korean soldier captured in dramatic video
- Accused killer cross-examines former friend at Babcock murder trial
- 'Treated like a criminal': Yukon Indigenous woman accuses Vancouver Denny's of racism
- Health Canada doesn't know if its dental programs benefit Indigenous Canadians: report
- Nunavut's fifth Legislative Assembly sworn in, cabinet portfolios assigned
- RCMP too hasty in drunk driving arrest, Yukon judge rules
- 2 men say N.W.T. gov't failed to protect them from sexual abuse as youth